Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NinjaTrader + CQG data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NinjaTrader + CQG data

Hi, i have a subscription to CQG brokerage and CQG data api.

1) i have strategy that uses the DOM book to make decisions, can i access the full dom through NT? (i know i can through cgq api)

I can see there is a OnMarketDepth and MarketDepthEventArgs, but i can't see how to access the DOM (for example 3 levels higher than best current ask)

2) i want to record the DOM at the highest frequency to create my own hostorical data with bid/ask/volume for the full dom. CQG has a "ondomchanged" event, is the ontick even the highest frequency event in NT, if so what is triggering this?

Thanks and regards.

Hello pipsalottle,

Thank you for your post.

1. Yes, please take a look at the example at the following link for calling market depth: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=3478

2. A change to market depth would not necessarily be a new tick. And you can use OnMarketData() as well for changes that are not the last tick.

Comment

CQG API vs NT

Pipsalottle, may I expand on your question a little?

I am also using CQG's integrated client and using their API for various algo projects, but I'm very much interested in what NT can offer and if there are any significant advantages/disadvantages between the two!?

My main issues with CQG IC & API is the support documentation is very limited, and I'm often experiencing lengthy delays in getting (somewhat limited) responses from their customer support. The IC is also a premium product with a premium price to match!

From what I've seen, this forum and online support community for NT seems infinitely more helpful, but are there any limitations I may experience with NT compared to what the CQG API can offer? I mean this mainly in the context of data granularity, speed and latency, as I have a range of UHF strategies that can sometimes generate in excess of 10 messages per second.

Any help/advice on this would be greatly appreciated!!

Comment

login failed

getting a pop up says can only be one cqg adaptor running at a time ?

Comment

Hello laredo787,

Thank you for your post.

Restart NinjaTrader and test the connection again. If the message occurs again please go to Tools > Account Connections > select any previous CQG or Continuum connections and make sure the 'Connect on start up' option is disabled and if possible remove any connections that you no longer use.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Radano, 06-10-2021, 01:40 AM
          19 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Radano
          by Radano

Started by KenneGaray, Today, 03:48 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes