Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

bid and ask volume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi imalil,

Congratulate you on having accurate outputs. To print the values to chart, I use a simple NT function DrawText. Here is a sample use to print Ask volume at 20 pixels above the high of every bar.

Put this at the end of OnBarUpdate():
    DrawText("ask vol", AutoScale, askVol.ToString(), 0, High[0], 20, Color.Blue, ChartControl.Font, StringAlignment.Center, Color.Transparent, Color.Transparent, 0);
    To learn more about the function, please visit: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...7/drawtext.htm

Anyway, you have gone through the toughest part of the road. The rest is very easy to go.

Thanks.
    Pi
    Last edited by ninZa; 02-06-2015, 08:11 AM.
    ninZa
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - ninZa.co

Comment

Thank you, Pi, this works. Only thing missing is how do I keep the number above the bar AFTER the bar prints? Right now it disappears the instant the bar prints. Thank you very much.

Comment

Originally posted by imalil View Post
        Thank you, Pi, this works. Only thing missing is how do I keep the number above the bar AFTER the bar prints? Right now it disappears the instant the bar prints. Thank you very much.
        Please make the tag unique, for example:

DrawText("ask vol" + CurrentBar, .....);
        Cheers.
        Pi
        ninZa

Comment

Thanks for your information, Pi, everything is working. I was wondering if there's a simple way to print this result in a window below the chart, like MACD. MACD has a zero line and bars that represent the value, above and below this zero line after every bar closes. This is also a way I'd like to see my data displayed. Is there simple code to change the DrawText to a window below the chart, MACD style? Thank you very much for all your help.

Comment

Thanks for your information, Pi, everything is working. I was wondering if there's a simple way to print this result in a window below the chart, like MACD. MACD has a zero line and bars that represent the value, above and below this zero line after every bar closes. This is also a way I'd like to see my data displayed. Is there simple code to change the DrawText to a window below the chart, MACD style? Thank you very much for all your help.
            Do you want the display similar to mine below?

ninZa

Comment

Yes, that looks very, very good. Two quick questions as I look at your chart: Are the codes for the top numbers and the bottom graph independent of each other? Can you turn off one without affecting the other?

Also, probably a stupid question, but do the bars on the bottom--and the numbers on the top for that matter--remain after the data feed is closed and reopened? Or do they refresh each time?

So my answer is yes, I do like your display. Thank you very, very much for your replies.

Comment

Yes, that looks very, very good. Two quick questions as I look at your chart: Are the codes for the top numbers and the bottom graph independent of each other? Can you turn off one without affecting the other?

Also, probably a stupid question, but do the bars on the bottom--and the numbers on the top for that matter--remain after the data feed is closed and reopened? Or do they refresh each time?

So my answer is yes, I do like your display. Thank you very, very much for your replies.
                Hi imalil,

My answers:

1. They are NOT independent. The numbers you see are displayed in "Alternated" mode, which is top - bottom - top - bottom - top...

2. Data are erased when you hit F5, platform restarts, or data feed refreshes... It's considered advanced programming to make this indicator work with historical data, even to me. We need to add additional series for bid & ask. It's pretty complicated and time-consuming, so I don't have such a plan now.

Below is the code I use to add a histogram to display volume delta. Please modify it to fit your needs. If you are unclear at any points, please ask me

In #region Properties:

[Browsable(false)] // this line prevents the data series from being displayed in the indicator properties dialog, do not remove
                [XmlIgnore()] // this line ensures that the indicator can be saved/recovered as part of a chart template, do not remove
                public DataSeries VolumeDelta {
                get { return Values[0]; }
                }
                In Initialized():

Add(new Plot(Color.Black, PlotStyle.Bar, "Volume Delta"));
                Plots[0].Pen.Width = 5; // initialize the width of histogram bars, this line is optional

Overlay = false;
                In OnBarUpdate():

double volDelta = askVol - bidVol; // compute volDelta

VolumeDelta.Set(volDelta); // set the value to the plot
                Last edited by ninZa; 02-21-2015, 09:48 PM.
                ninZa

Comment

how can you show the bid verse ask in each cell, with no actual candles?

Comment

Originally posted by brucelevy View Post
                    If you want to hide the candles, make them transparent, or the same as the BackColor.

Comment

Thank you, Pi, the code is working. I have two questions: I notice on your chart you change the color of the bar when the value turns negative. How are you doing this?

Also, is there an easy way to print a line at zero? Thank you again.

Comment

Originally posted by brucelevy View Post
                        This seems to be an order flow indicator. The most powerful solution is to use C# graphic programming for this (like Heiken Ashi).
                        ninZa

Comment

Thank you, Pi, the code is working. I have two questions: I notice on your chart you change the color of the bar when the value turns negative. How are you doing this?

Also, is there an easy way to print a line at zero? Thank you again.
                          Suppose you have only 1 plot, whose index is 0. So the following code to change the color of the plot is put in OnBarUpdate():

if (Values[0][0] > 0) PlotColors[0][0] = Color.Blue;
                          else if (Values[0][0] < 0) PlotColors[0][0] = Color.Red;
                          Adding a line at zero: in Initialize():

Add(new Line(Color.Gray, 0, "Zero Line"));
                          Cheers.
                          Pi
                          ninZa

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
                          0 responses