Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Shared Variable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shared Variable

I would like some help to determine which is the best way to proceed with using the output of one indicator as a parameter in several other indicators. The "publishing" indicator is rather cpu intensive so I want to avoid having multiple instances of it. I only need the value of the most recent bar so I feel as though it should be simple to store in a variable. I have read may threads on this site and others and there seems to be lots of suggestions with only minimal success. I understand that a good number of approaches are un-supported but any help in leading me down the best path would be greatly appreciate. I have looked into static variables, globalvariables.dll, userdefinedmethods etc and am unsure how to proceed. I am currently trying to implement a static variable but do not fully comprehend how to do it.

Hello Taggart,

Thank you for your note.

Would this be something you could not use in the user defined methods?
    Take a look at the following link for more information: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ed_methods.htm

Comment

Thanks for the tip. I had mistakenly read "You can not share user defined methods created for custom strategies with custom indicators" to mean that it couldn't be used with custom indicators. Now that you have made me aware I will spend more time understanding this approach and hopefully achieve what I am looking for.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
      5 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
      Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
      3 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post jeronymite