Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Crashing problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crashing problem

Hey guys ive got this problem with this one strategy it seems to crash a backtest when it runs on the 1 betterrenko type but it works just fine on a 2 betterrenko bar size. Also the backtest for betterrenko works but the optimization also crashes NT. I tried resetting the instruments and even reinstalling NT, deleting the cache also. Any other ideas for what might be causing it?

Elitetradernyc

Hello,

May we have a screenshot of the error message?

Is the crashing NinjaTrader or does the script just stop processing?
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

hey, it actually does not crash it just freezes the application and hangs for hours, then I have to use the windows task manager to close NT.

Comment

Originally posted by elitetradernyc View Post
        Hey guys ive got this problem with this one strategy it seems to crash a backtest when it runs on the 1 betterrenko type but it works just fine on a 2 betterrenko bar size. Also the backtest for betterrenko works but the optimization also crashes NT. I tried resetting the instruments and even reinstalling NT, deleting the cache also. Any other ideas for what might be causing it?

Elitetradernyc
        Try printing out the OHLC values of a 1BetterRenko loaded on a chart, and that should tell you why your processing is getting FUBAR.

By the offset coding of BetterRenko, 1BetterRenko would imply 0.5Ticks, which are obviously impossible. Not having seen the actual BetterRenko code, I can only say that that would most likely cause unpredictable behavior.

Of course, not having seen the source code, I could be talking out of my hat.

Comment

Hello elitetradernyc,

It sounds like an endless loop may have been created by setting the size too low.

Does this issue still occur with only 1 day in between the from and to dates in a backtest or only 1 day in the Days to load if added to a chart?

If you add a print to OnBarUpdate, does this print show endlessly in the output window?
          Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post algospoke  
          Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes