Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Market If Touch Orders (MIT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market If Touch Orders (MIT)

Hi,

I would like to know if this kind of order is available to work developing strategies in NinjaScript.

If the answer is yes, I would appreciate any information to know how to use them.

Thank you in advance.

Hello Plaket,

Thank you for your note.

Market If Touch orders are not supported in NinjaTrader 7.

You can build your own logic to simulate a MIT order but there is no direct order for MIT.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.
    Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for the reply Cal,

Could you tell me how can I do that in NinjaScript, please?

Must I work with the unmanaged method?

Thank you.

Comment

Hello Plaket,

I don't have an exact sample reference for this. What you can do is take a look at how MIT order works and then work that same logic into the script and submit Market Orders.

So, if the market price hits a set price for the order it would submit a Buy Market Order and vice versa for a Sell Market Order

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/m/marketiftouched.asp

Comment

Originally posted by Plaket View Post
          Hi,

I would like to know if this kind of order is available to work developing strategies in NinjaScript.

If the answer is yes, I would appreciate any information to know how to use them.

Thank you in advance.
          From continued observation, in NinjaTrader, StopMarket orders work as MIT orders: they do not trade through before being triggered; triggering instead as soon as they are touched. Then again, I work in only very liquid markets, so maybe my observation may not quite be valid. If you work in illiquid markets, your mileage may vary.

Comment

Plaket,

Additionally, we have a strongly considered enhancement request and are looking into this for NinjaTrader 8.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance

Comment

Hi,
              Even though this thread is not active lately I have a quick question.
              If the NT order issued with the following SubmitOrder method is not market if touched than what is it?

SubmitOrder(0, OrderAction.BuyToCover, OrderType.Stop, entryOrder.Filled, stopPrice, stopPrice, "OCO" + nOrder, "St" + nOrder);

As koganam stated, by observation it does seem to act as market order when a price is touched.

Comment

Hello ToMer_K,

Below I am including a publicly available link to Investopedia on Market If Touched orders.
                http://www.investopedia.com/terms/m/marketiftouched.asp

The key difference is the direction the market will be travelling when the order is placed.

A Stop Market Order would be placed on the buy side above market, on the sell side below market.

A MIT order would be placed on the buy side below market, on the sell side above market. Then become a market order when touched instead of a limit.
                Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the quick answer.

So, to make sure I understand, when I issue a stop loss like I wrote the order is waiting in the exchange (not in my NT platform or broker) until the price is touched and exit with a market order?

In case I use stop limit, as soon as the price is reached I am inserted to the limit queue as last?

Just to clarify I am aiming at the futures in the CME with NT brokerage.

Comment

Hi ToMer_K,

That is correct. When a stop loss is used, this submits a live working stop limit order that is working on the exchange.

A Market If Touched order would not be working on the exchange until the price is hit and at that moment would submit a Market Order.

A regular Stop Market Order (not the Stop Limit used in the stop loss) is also working on the exchange where a MIT order would not be.

Comment

The order I talked about is a regular stop (= stop market order), not StopLimit:
                      SubmitOrder(0, OrderAction.BuyToCover, OrderType.Stop, entryOrder.Filled, stopPrice, stopPrice, "OCO" + nOrder, "St" + nOrder);

Is that the stop market you were talking about?

Comment

Hello ToMer_K,

I was just meaning to be specific. When using SetStopLoss or when using a stop loss in an Atm Strategy, a Stop Limit Order is used and I wanted to be specific about the behavior of both a Stop Market and a Stop Limit.

A regular Stop Market Order (not the Stop Limit used in the stop loss) is also working on the exchange where a MIT order would not be.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by elirion, Today, 01:36 AM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post elirion
                        by elirion

Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
                        0 responses