Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

stocks on multi time frames

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stocks on multi time frames

In one of my workspaces I have multiple charts which include specific time frames and special indicators I use for the ES. I want to be able to load any stock ticker symbol into that workspace and have all my settings apply to that ticker. I realize I won't have a live data feed but that's fine; I use K end of day. I cannot figure out how to do this. The only way I can load stocks is by creating a new chart and using a template. But I can't get the specific time frames I want, and there are only a few preset minutes as choices and when I choose them the information does not load.

Can someone tell me how to do this?
    Thanks.

Hello imalil,

Thank you for your post.

You can type the name of the ticker you wish to switch into your chart. If you left click in your chart and just type AAPL without holding any keys like Shift on your keyboard and then press ENTER the chart should switch to the AAPL.

For information on changing the data series of a chart please visit the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...price_data.htm

You can also set up a Market Analyzer with all of your tickers and then link it to your chart and when you click on a ticker in the Market Analyzer you will see the chart switch to that ticker.

For a video on this method please visit the following link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78RAK-rhVnc

Comment

I am getting the same problem: when I enter a stock ticker, via the chart or market analyzer, it only loads on my 'daily' chart. My other charts with custom minute timeframes are completely blank. The futures on my dropdown work fine, but stocks and ETFs come up blank.

Comment

I am getting the same problem: when I enter a stock ticker, via the chart or market analyzer, it only loads on my 'daily' chart. My other charts with custom minute timeframes are completely blank. The futures on my dropdown work fine, but stocks and ETFs come up blank.

Does anyone know how to fix this?
        Thanks.

Comment

Hello imalil,

Thank you for your post.

So I may investigate this matter further please answer the following questions.
          • What version of NinjaTrader are you using? You can check under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.X)
          • Who are you connected to? This is displayed by green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.
          • What instrument(s) have you selected? If a futures instrument, what expiry is selected? (Example: ES 06-13)
          • Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

I look forward to your response.

Comment

--I am using 7.0.1000.22

--my data stream is CQG.

--I trade ES 06-14. The futures in the instrument manager seem to load fine.

--I get no errors on screen. I just tried to load AAPL on my charts: still the same problem: loads on 'daily', but custom minute charts are blank. No error in log. The last thing printed in the log is when I connected, under message: Time to flatten=12:00:00 AM, Flatten all=Disabled.

Comment

Hello imalil,

Thank you for your response.

Unfortunately, CQG does not provide Equities data in NinjaTrader. Please visit the following link for information on the data provided by your data feed provider: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...rical_data.htm

Comment

Don't misunderstand: I am not using CQG as a data feed to look at stocks. I want to look at stocks at the end of the day using Kinetick end of day. No day trading or anything like that regarding stocks and ETFs. CQG should have nothing to do with this. The day chart loads but minute charts don't when I look at stock symbols at the end of the day, when no feeds are in play. I know Tradestation can do this. How can I do this?

Comment

Hello imalil,

The Kinetick EOD Data Feed only provides end of day daily data for Day, Week, Month and year charts. No historical minute data is provided with the Kinetick EOD Data Feed.

If you are looking for historical data for minute and tick charts, at a minimum, and for all instruments Kinetick offers the following with real-time data feed subscriptions:
                  • 180 calendar days of historical Tick data (for building tick based charts, such as range and volume)
                  • 2 years of historical Minute data
                  • 10 years of historical Daily data

For more commonly traded symbols it is likely that more extensive historical data will be available, as well. Please visit the Kinetick website for more information: https://www.kinetick.com/purchase

Comment

Just so I'm clear, there is no way, at the end of the day when the market is closed, to see minute charts of stocks and ETFs without paying more money. Is that right?

Comment

Hello imalil,

It does require a data feed provider that supports minute and tick historical data. I am not aware of a data feed provider that provides this data free of charge.

However, you can download Market Replay Data and replay the market in minute or tick format charts. For information on Market Replay Data please visit the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ket_replay.htm

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
                      5 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post Bidder
                      by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
                      4 responses
                      0 likes