Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Dynamic Period selection in MultiTimeFrame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dynamic Period selection in MultiTimeFrame

Hi NinjaTrader Support Team,

I'm working on a Project that includes a Strategy that needs to check a bunch of Time Periods (up to 26 and mainly different Day and Minute Periods) on a single Instrument. We need to collect different kind of Data in this Periods but all coming from the same indicators and on the same Instrument.

I know about the possibility to add more Timeperiods in NinjaScript via Add(PeriodType.x, y). But normaly you would add all these Periods in the Initialize() Part of the Script.

Now my Question(s):
    1. Is there any possibility that I can Add and Delete TimePeriods dynamically?
    2. If yes, how would this be possible.
    3. If no. Is there any limitation of how many timeperiods can be loaded into a single chart via Script?
    4. Can i call Add(PeriodType.x, y) also outside of Initialize()
    5. Alternatively would it be possible to create and kill charts programmatically via NinjaScript.

Thanks in advance.

Hello NeoAkira,
    Originally posted by NeoAkira View Post
    Hi NinjaTrader Support Team,

I'm working on a Project that includes a Strategy that needs to check a bunch of Time Periods (up to 26 and mainly different Day and Minute Periods) on a single Instrument. We need to collect different kind of Data in this Periods but all coming from the same indicators and on the same Instrument.

I know about the possibility to add more Timeperiods in NinjaScript via Add(PeriodType.x, y). But normaly you would add all these Periods in the Initialize() Part of the Script.

Now my Question(s):
    1. Is there any possibility that I can Add and Delete TimePeriods dynamically?
    2. If yes, how would this be possible.
    3. If no. Is there any limitation of how many timeperiods can be loaded into a single chart via Script?
    4. Can i call Add(PeriodType.x, y) also outside of Initialize()
    5. Alternatively would it be possible to create and kill charts programmatically via NinjaScript.

Thanks in advance.
    It is not possible to add data series on the fly or outside of the initialize method.

That I know of, there is no limit to how many data series you can add to a NinjaScript with the Add() command.

I am also not aware of a way to create or close a chart via code. This may be possible but would be unsupported by NinjaTrader. You may have more luck asking in the unsupported thread to which I am adding a link below.
    http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ad.php?t=22435
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by techgetgame, Yesterday, 11:42 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post techgetgame  
    Started by sephichapdson, Yesterday, 11:36 PM
    0 responses