Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Import NinjaScript Archive File (.zip) Warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Import NinjaScript Archive File (.zip) Warning

I am getting message when I try to Import Ninja Script "You have custom NinjaScript files on your PC that have programming errors. These errors must be resolved before you can import a NinjaScript Archive File". I have imported Larry Williams CL Strategy. Some indicators I imported before and that worked well disappeared.

Hello powerlobster,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forum!

Please follow the instructions below and then attach a screenshot to your response of the error messages listed:
    • Open NinjaTrader
    • From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
    • Select any indicator and double click on it (we need only to open and compile one script to see all compile errors for all files).
    • A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
    • At the bottom of the window a new section will appear where you can find the error locations.

Please attach a screenshot of the error with the name and description fields clearly readable. To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CRTL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Comment

Hi Patrick,
      i do not found Edit Ninjascript. Under menue "Tools" are Instrument Manager, Historical Data manager, Session Manager, Hot Key Manager, Account Connections, Options.

Comment

Hello,

This means you likely have a Direct (free) edition of NinjaTrader that does not support NinjaScript. In this case I will need to setup a call with you to put in a simulation license key -> resolve the issue -> and reinstall your existing Direct edition key.

Please write and include your phone number and best time to call to support at ninjatrader dot com and reference this forum post.

-Brett

Comment

Hello Brett,
          thank you very much. I just sent an email.
          Best regards

Comment

Hi,
            now I have another problem with the Williams Crude oil strategy. The signals are only shown if I use "use instrument settings" as session template. If I use "Nymex Energy RTH" I cannot enable the strategy (under "General"). Last week it works well. Do you know what is the problem?

Comment

Hello powerlobster,

Thank you for the follow up.

I am not familiar with the settings for the Williams Crude Oil Strategy. Perhaps the strategy is coded specifically to use the ETH session template and causes this situation to occur when attempting to load the strategy for different hours.

Have you been able to follow up with the vendor to see the preferred session template to use?

I can investigate this situation further on my end in the meantime:

Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Ryan L." in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
              1.) A link to this forum thread.
              2.) Your latest log and trace file:
              You will find the log file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.
              • The log file will be named "log.20140415.txt"

You will find the trace file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.
              • The trace file will be named "trace.20140415.txt"
              Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,
                again I have problems with Williams CL strategy. Since few days my 1440 minute chart does not show signals any more. To see signals I have to change in "strategies" -> general -> enabled: "false" to "true". Since few days I cannot change this. In a daily chart it works.
                Can you please help me. Thank you. Kind regards from Germany

Comment

Hello powerlobster,

Thank you for the follow up.

I can investigate this situation further on my end.

Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Ryan L." in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
                  1.) A link to this forum thread.
                  2.) Your latest log and trace file:
                  You will find the log file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.
                  • The log file will be named "log.20140602.txt"

You will find the trace file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.
                  • The trace file will be named "trace.20140602.txt"
                  Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
                  5 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Bidder
                  by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM