Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate 'Using Reference Error/Warning'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate 'Using Reference Error/Warning'

Recently I started getting warnings and errors while using Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate while debugging Ninja Code.

Most of my code has no problems but some of them are getting errors like in the attached picture of 'jtRealStats'.

When I look at the error in the indicator and inspect the Using Declarations, I see NinjaTrader.Cbi and NinjaTrader.Gui.Desgn errors which state "type or namespace does not exist." Are you missing an assembly reference?

I went to 'Solution Explorer' and found NinjaTrader.Core and WilsonORMapper had warnings. I did an 'Add' reference and was able to make the warning for WilsonORMapper go away, but can't do the same for NinjaTrader.Core.

Can someone shed some light on these errors and warnings?

Thank you,
    taddypole...
    Attached Files

Hi Taddypole, could it your confuse here System.Core with the NinjaTrader.Core?

This would need to be added from the ProgramFile folder where NT is installed, and not be found in the Documentes > NT7 one.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

In Solution Explorer I tried to 'Add' the NinjaTrader.Core.dll from the Program Files(x86) folder but the warning still exists.

I don't understand...
      Attached Files

Comment

Same outcome when you pick the one from the bin64 folder?

Comment

Yes Bertrand, same results...

Comment

Would then probably look into opening up the solution fresh again from your Documents > NinjaTrader 7 folder and readd Wilson / NT Core, further looking at your screenshot it also seems like the folders are not correctly 'pathed' for your current one.

Comment

Bertrand,

Opened a new solution and tried to add NinjaTrader.Core.dll and still no change.

Can you give me more details on your comment below:

'seems like the folders are not correctly 'pathed' for your current one. '

thank you...
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello Taddypole,

I see that you still have 2 Projects open from you screenshot. Could you make sure the older one is closed and inside of the new project only open up 1 indicator to see if you are able to compile it inside of VS before opening others, just to make sure before trying to add the "jtRealStats" indicator in there.
                JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi JC,

II was able to remove the second project but that made no difference. Its been more that a year since I set visual studio up and am thinking maybe just try to build a new project file but I don't remember how. Is there a guide for me to start over and create a new project file to start fresh?

thank you,
                  taddypole...

Comment

Hello TaddyPole,

I believe it is just going to File -> New Project.

JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

JC

I did create a new project and added 'NinjaTrader.Core' but it does not contain all the elements in the original solution/project.

So that's where I need help. In the other pictures, there are numerous other references/items that do not show up. How do I include those?

regards....
                      Attached Files

Comment

OK, finally figured it out.Downloaded a new copy of NinjaTrader on another computer and installed it. Picked the 'NinjaTrader.Custom.csproj' and renamed and copied it to my primary computer. Loaded Visual Studio and opened a new project.Selected 'NinjaTrader.Custom.csproj' and opened it up.

Initially I had the warnings on NinjaTrader.Core and WilsonORMapper in the references. I found information else where that NinjaTraderCore and WilsonORMapper fist have to be removed, and then added back using the files in C:\Users\jh\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom. Doing this removed the Warnings. Following that and doing a rebuild showed there were no warnings or errors.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by futtrader, 04-21-2024, 01:50 AM
                        4 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post futtrader  
                        Started by Option Whisperer, Today, 09:55 AM
                        1 response
                        0 likes