Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Using 3rd party Tools With NinjaScripts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the last post of detailed program information. Switch to Display Mode of Hybrid and start at the post titled Summary if you are in another Display Mode.
    Last edited by Jim W.; 09-28-2012, 04:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim W.
      I have successfully tested NT 7.0.1000.11 (Current) with Visual Studio Full and Express 2010 and 2012 versions on 32-bit Windows XP, Vista, and Windows 7 Ultra. On all the VS supported combinations, VS Express worked when a modified .csproj file was used.

The "Attach to Process" Debug option has been added to VS 2012 Express, which means that the same procedure used with the VS Full version can now be used with Express. A modified .csproj file is not required.

VS 2012 Ultra and VS Express 2012 for Windows 8 installations are blocked on the Release Preview Windows 8 Ultra because of a .Net Framework 4.5.50709 conflict.

I will be posting the VS Express modified .csproj files soon.
      Just a quick reminder to all. VS2012 does not install, let alone run on Windez XP.

Comment

Recent Revisions

I have no more items on my To Do List for this thread, but will continue to make updates. I appreciate:

* The two Thread Rating 5.0 votes
        * Thanks from: bradkop, koganam, NinjaTrader_Bertrand, NinjaTrader_Brett, Prov1322, and ymScalper
        * Feedback from koganam

Feel free to private message me with your comments, questions, and feedback.

Start reading this thread at post entitled Summary in Display Mode of Hybrid. Individual software posts follow Summary in alphabetical order.

Recent Revisions:

11-17-2012 Updated VMWARE Workstation text beginning "One problem, when I tried to create a DVD from the ISO file, the DVD install failed with error:" with:

I have successfuly tested the ISO file by installing a Win 8 Pro VM with Workstation 9.0.1 and a DVD created from the ISO file to do a physical install. Attempts to install a VM from the DVD install fail with error:

"Windows cannot install the required files. ... Error code 0x80070714" .

Comparision of the genuine Win 8 Pro DVD and the DVDs created from the ISO file differ only in the modified EI.CFG file. I have tried different methods of creating the DVD from the ISO file but all DVDs gave the same result including one created with the Win 8 built-in ISO to DVD burner.

11-15-2012 Added below to VMWARE Workstation

Windows 8 License Relating to Virtual Machines

The License for Windows 8 reads:

"e. Use in a virtualized environment. If you use virtualization software to create one or more virtual computers on a single computer hardware system, each virtual computer, and the physical computer, is considered a separate computer for purposes of this agreement. This license allows you to install only one copy of the software for use on one computer, whether that computer is physical or virtual. If you want to use the software on more than one virtual computer, you must obtain separate copies of the software and a separate license for each copy. Content protected by digital rights management technology or other full-volume disk drive encryption technology may be less secure in a virtualized environment."

And the related section reads:

"Can I transfer the software to another computer or user?
        You may transfer the software to another computer that belongs to you. You may also transfer the software (together with the license) to a computer owned by someone else if a) you are the first licensed user of the software and b) the new user agrees to the terms of this agreement. To make that transfer, you must transfer the original media, the certificate of authenticity, the product key and the proof of purchase directly to that other person, without retaining any copies of the software. You may use the backup copy we allow you to make or the media that the software came on to transfer the software. Anytime you transfer the software to a new computer, you must remove the software from the prior computer. You may not transfer the software to share licenses between computers. You may transfer Get Genuine Windows software, Pro Pack or Media Center Pack software only together with the licensed computer."

The above makes the use of Win 8 Ttrial installations, without a Product Key, even more valuable.
        Last edited by Jim W.; 11-17-2012, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Re: Integration with VS 20XX

Added:
          Code:
          <StartAction>Program</StartAction>
          <StartProgram>
          C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 7\bin64\NinjaTrader.exe
          </StartProgram>
          inside
          Code:
          <Configuration> ...
          tag in NinjaTraderDebug.csproj, but getting error after F5 (see attachement).

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ninja64.png
Views:	1
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	869534

Do you have thoughts how to work with Ninja x64?
          Last edited by pranas; 11-27-2013, 01:37 AM.

Comment

Search &amp; Replace for very quick Futures Workspace rollovers

I am adding to this old thread to explain another use for Search & Replace http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum/showpost.php?p=302261&postcount=7 . New NinjaTrader users should understand that it is likely that everything mentioned in this thread is unsupported by NinjaTrader support.

Futures Instruments must be rolledover to chart and trade the current month. NT provides a video, Futures Contract Rollover - NinjaTrader Tips, which describes the rollover process. The video does not mention updating all the Workspaces with the new contracts. Nor does NT provide a method for updating all the Workspaces after a rollover.

I use file editor from FUNDUC Software, "Replace Studio Pro" or "Search and Replace" to make all rollover changes to my charts and DOMs in a few seconds. To use Search & Replace first download and install it.

There are Shareware, Classic, Replace Studio Pro and Replace Studio Business Edition versions.
            Free: Basic version is Shareware at http://www.funduc.com/srshareware.htm
            Advanced versions are very reasonably priced at http://www.funduc.com/search_replace.htm

Caution: This software has very powerful Replace capabilities. Learn to use the Replace functions with files in a temp folder before using it with valuable files. Never make changes to NT files while NT is running. They may be overwritten when NT exits.

I follow the steps below after rollingover all my Futures Instruments with the NT Instrument Manager:

1) Verify that I have no open Futures orders and positions. DOMs will be changed to a new expiration month.
            2) Exit NT, taking a backup which includes Workspaces. Murphy's Law always applies.
            See http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...2&postcount=14 should you need to restore a Workspace.
            Changes made to NT's open Workspaces may be overwritten when NT exits.

3)
            Start SR. By default SR installs to "C:\Program Files\Tools\SR\SR32.exe". Which you should find with Start | All Programs | Tools folder.
            4) Enter the Search for text, File Mask and Path (Win 7 path shown).
            To Find all ES September 2015 contracts:
            Search for: ES 09-15
            File Mask: *.xml
            Path: C:\Users\Jim\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces (Replace Jim with your user id)
            then click the left most Blue Binocular icon. It is the Search icon the Purple Binocular icon is Replace.
            See first attachment.
            Left click shown text line for text above and below.
            Left click file name to view whole file.

5) Verify that only Instrument will be changed then enter the field Replace with: ES 12-15
            Click the Purple Binocular icon. See second attachment. You will see the replacement that will be make when you click one of the Replace buttons.
            7) Change the Search for and Replace for each of your Futures contracts and repeat steps 4 - 6.
            Don't be tempted to only enter the month-year as a shortcut. It is asking for trouble, especially if you trade both crude and e-Mini.
            The SR Help link provides detailed information about Search & Replace.
            8) Start NT, connect to your data source, and open your Workspaces to verify they are displaying the correct contracts.
            9) Do another backup, changing the file name to identify that backup taken after rollover (e.g.,<My Documents>\NinjaTrader Backup\2015-08-22 After Rollover.ntbk ).

Attached Files
            Last edited by Jim W.; 09-02-2015, 06:13 AM.

Comment

Search &amp; Replace for Workspace query facility

I am adding to this old thread to explain another use for Search & Replace http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum/showpost.php?p=302261&postcount=7 . New NinjaTrader users should understand that it is likely that everything mentioned in this thread is unsupported by NinjaTrader support.

When I have a question like whitch Workspaces have the eMini Instrument ES or which Workspaces have a particular Indicator, I use file editor from FUNDUC Software, "Replace Studio Pro" or "Search and Replace" as a query facility. To use Search & Replace first download and install it.

There are Shareware, Classic, Replace Studio Pro and Replace Studio Business Edition versions.
              Free: Basic version is Shareware at http://www.funduc.com/srshareware.htm
              Advanced versions are very reasonably priced at http://www.funduc.com/search_replace.htm

Caution: This software has very powerful Replace capabilities. Learn to use the Replace functions with files in a temp folder before using it with valuable files. Never make changes to NT files while NT is running. They may be overwritten when NT exits.

Some query examples:
              1)
              Start SR. By default SR installs to "C:\Program Files\Tools\SR\SR32.exe". Which you should find with Start | All Programs | Tools folder.
              2) Enter the Search for text, File Mask and Path (Win 7 path shown).
              To Find all ES contracts:
              Search for: <Instrument>ES (There is a blank following the S.)
              File Mask: *.xml
              Path: C:\Users\Jim\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces (Replace Jim with your user id)
              then click the left most Blue Binocular icon. It is the Search icon the Purple Binocular icon is Replace.

See first attachment.
              Left clicking shown text line displays text above and below text.
              Left clicking file name shows whole file.

) To see all Instruments, use
              Search for: <Instrument>
              4) To see all Workspaces with JigSaw Trading Indicators, use Search for: Indicator.JT_
              See second attachment.
              5) To see all Indicators in Workspaces use
              Search for: Indicator.
              The SR Help link provides detailed information about Search & Replace.

Attached Files
              Last edited by Jim W.; 09-02-2015, 06:13 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by SantoshXX, Today, 03:09 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post SantoshXX  
              Started by DanielTynera, Today, 01:14 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post DanielTynera