Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Day shifting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day shifting

I would like to see the charts of 6E in 5 days, starting Monday 00:00.

Instead of starting the week at Chicago/NY time, Sunday at 18:00, I want to see the same data, shifting 6 hours to Monday 00:00.
    My PC clock is at +2 GMT.

What should I do?
    Last edited by sam123; 07-01-2012, 07:16 AM.

Sam123,

You can setup session templates in Tools > Session Template to include different times/days. Then, you can use them on your charts.
    Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_AdamP View Post
      Sam123,

You can setup session templates in Tools > Session Template to include different times/days. Then, you can use them on your charts.
      There is no "Session Templates" in "Tools".

Comment

sam,

Pardon me, its called the "Session Manager".

Comment

Will this work also for a data already downloaded? (I don't get any new data feed)

Comment

sam,

Yes, the session manager creates templates for your use on charts. A Session template is basically something that limits the amount of data that appears on your charts.

Comment

Sorry, But I still can't achieve to build my customized chart.
              I created a new template, but I still see that the week is divided to 6 trading days instead of 5 days. Although I started my "new" first day of the week from Sunday 18:00 to Monday 18:00, and the second day is from Monday 18:00 to Tuesday 18:00 and so on until Friday 18:00 - I still get the first day on Sunday with another hour before my "new" Sunday.

Comment

Sam,

What was the session templates time zone setup as? How about your PC clock, what time zone is it set up as?

Comment

Sam,

What was the session templates time zone setup as? How about your PC clock, what time zone is it set up as?
                  My PC time is GMT+2

I tried Several Session template timezones: GMT+2, GMT-5, GMT.
                  Nothing was good.

I always got at least 1 extra hour between last Friday to next Monday (My new Sunday).

Comment

Sam123,

Basically, NinjaTrader charts show in your current time zone. However, the session template itself has a time zone setting that allows NinjaTrader to translate the session time zone into something that makes sense on your charts. Have you tried putting your own time zone in there and then using local times?

You also need to use the Session template you create by applying it to your chat. You can do so by right clicking the chart > go to "Data series" >Change the "Session template" field.

Comment

I would like to explain:
                      The instrument 6E starts to be traded on Sunday at 17:00 Chicago time, which is Monday 00:00 in my timezone (7 hours diff.)
                      For me, the beginning of trading time is when Monday starts so I don't use Sunday as a trading day.
                      I want to shift on the chart that I will be able to see Chicago 17.00 on Sunday as: Monday 00:00, and from this point all data has to be +7 hours ahead, without missing any data.

Comment

Sam123,

Basically, NinjaTrader charts show in your current time zone. However, the session template itself has a time zone setting that allows NinjaTrader to translate the session time zone into something that makes sense on your charts. Have you tried putting your own time zone in there and then using local times?

You also need to use the Session template you create by applying it to your chat. You can do so by right clicking the chart > go to "Data series" >Change the "Session template" field.
                        Let's use this real time for example.
                        The time now in my area is 01:23, Chicago is 18:23.
                        What should I do to see the data started 1 hour and 23minutes ago, so I can see it as from Monday 00:00. What should be the timezone of the template and what should be the time in my PC clock?

Comment

Originally posted by sam123 View Post
                          I would like to explain:
                          The instrument 6E starts to be traded on Sunday at 17:00 Chicago time, which is Monday 00:00 in my timezone (7 hours diff.)
                          For me, the beginning of trading time is when Monday starts so I don't use Sunday as a trading day.
                          I want to shift on the chart that I will be able to see Chicago 17.00 on Sunday as: Monday 00:00, and from this point all data has to be +7 hours ahead, without missing any data.
                          Then all you need to do is set your computer clock to your correct actual time zone, and use the ETH session template. The session manager will take care of the time translation.

Comment

Originally posted by koganam View Post
                            Then all you need to do is set your computer clock to your correct actual time zone, and use the ETH session template. The session manager will take care of the time translation.
                            Still does not solve the problem!

Edit: All the data of the beginning 7 hours of the week is lost when I use ETH forex
                            Last edited by sam123; 07-01-2012, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sam123 View Post
                              Still does not solve the problem!

Edit: All the data of the beginning 7 hours of the week is lost when I use ETH forex
                              If your data provider provides historical data, then after setting your computer to the correct time zone, shut down NT and restart it. Then download your data afresh. For good measure, you might want to actually reboot after you change the time zone. If you had to change the time zone, NT will only pick up the change when it starts; that is why you need to restart.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by PaulMohn, Today, 02:06 AM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                              Started by burtoninlondon, 04-28-2024, 12:38 AM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH