Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Problem with Print() not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with Print() not working

I'm trying to figure why I can't get a string variable to be used as an order signal name parameter, so I added in a couple Print() statements. No matter what I do, I can't get them to show up in the output window. The odd thing is, I have other Print() statements that do work.

Now, here's the corker: I added Print("a new bar"); as the very first line in onBarUpdate(), and that doesn't show up either.

I tried restarting NT, no luck. I feel like I must be doing something really dumb, but I just can't see it.

Hi coolmoss,

Are there any error messages in log tab of control center? I'm happy to give the script a run here on my side as well.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Many thanks Ryan. I called it quits last night, rebooted my computer, and all is okay now. Hopefully it's okay if I tack on an extra question here instead of starting a new thread:

Is there any limitation on the number of user parameters on a strategy? I'm currently at 26, and my next development task has me almost doubling that.

Comment

Great to hear it's working now. There are no restrictions on number of total inputs. Only related restriction here is cs files can have no more than 65,535 lines.
        Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Was the scroll bar in the output window "locked"?

If it isn't on the last line, you won't see any new prints.

I usually cntrl+end in the window to get there.

Originally posted by coolmoss View Post
          I'm trying to figure why I can't get a string variable to be used as an order signal name parameter, so I added in a couple Print() statements. No matter what I do, I can't get them to show up in the output window. The odd thing is, I have other Print() statements that do work.

Now, here's the corker: I added Print("a new bar"); as the very first line in onBarUpdate(), and that doesn't show up either.

I tried restarting NT, no luck. I feel like I must be doing something really dumb, but I just can't see it.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by futtrader, 04-21-2024, 01:50 AM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post futtrader  
          Started by Option Whisperer, Today, 09:55 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post bltdavid