Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Accessing values from another indicator.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accessing values from another indicator.

Hello NT Support (or anyone else please).

I have an indicator, in this case named KayButtons. I have "private IntSeries buttonCode;" in variables, have "buttonCode = new IntSeries(this);" in protected override void Initialize(), and in protected override void OnBarUpdate(), have "buttonCode.Set(1) or buttonCode.Set(2) or buttonCode.Set(3), depending on certain conditions. I also have the code below in properties:
    [Browsable(false)]
    [XmlIgnore()]
    public IntSeries ButtonCode
    {
    get { return buttonCode; }
    }

By the way, I am still a novice in NTScripts / C#. I just make do by nicking and amending snippets of codes here and there. What I wanted to do was access the value of buttonCode.Set from another of my indicators, in this case named KayStopLines3. So in KayStopLines3, I have the following code in protected override void OnStartUp(), if (KayButtons.ButtonCode == 1)

Unfortunately, I get the following error when I try to compile it:
    'NinjaTrader.Indicator.Indicator.KayButtons()' is a 'method' which is not valid in this given context

Could I please request your assistance in resolving this error please?

Many thanks
    Dan

Originally posted by rabcnesbit View Post
    Hello NT Support (or anyone else please).

I have an indicator, in this case named KayButtons. I have "private IntSeries buttonCode;" in variables, have "buttonCode = new IntSeries(this);" in protected override void Initialize(), and in protected override void OnBarUpdate(), have "buttonCode.Set(1) or buttonCode.Set(2) or buttonCode.Set(3), depending on certain conditions. I also have the code below in properties:
    [Browsable(false)]
    [XmlIgnore()]
    public IntSeries ButtonCode
    {
    get { return buttonCode; }
    }

By the way, I am still a novice in NTScripts / C#. I just make do by nicking and amending snippets of codes here and there. What I wanted to do was access the value of buttonCode.Set from another of my indicators, in this case named KayStopLines3. So in KayStopLines3, I have the following code in protected override void OnStartUp(), if (KayButtons.ButtonCode[0] == 1)

Unfortunately, I get the following error when I try to compile it:
    'NinjaTrader.Indicator.Indicator.KayButtons()' is a 'method' which is not valid in this given context

Could I please request your assistance in resolving this error please?

Many thanks
    Dan
    ButtonCode is an IntSeries, so should be properly referenced with an index (CurrentValue == index zero). Correction is in the code.

Comment

Originally posted by koganam View Post
      ButtonCode is an IntSeries, so should be properly referenced with an index (CurrentValue == index zero). Correction is in the code.
      Hello koganam,

Thanks for your reply. I tried your suggestion above - if (KayButtons.ButtonCode[0] == 1), but I still get the same error message when I tried to compile it.

Thanks
      Dan

Comment

Hello koganam,

Thanks for your reply. I tried your suggestion above - if (KayButtons.ButtonCode[0] == 1), but I still get the same error message when I tried to compile it.

Thanks
        Dan
        My mistake. You have to reference the indicator with its calling parameters.

if (KayButtons(string[] Parameters).ButtonCode[0] == 1)

i.e, the calling convention is always

Class(parameter list).TypeOfSeries[int index]
        Last edited by koganam; 04-01-2012, 04:31 PM.

Comment

My mistake. You have to reference the indicator with its calling parameters.

if (KayButtons(string[] Parameters).ButtonCode[0] == 1)

i.e, the calling convention is always

Class(parameter list).TypeOfSeries[int index]
          Thanks koganmam.

What will be the calling parameters, i.e. what should I put inside (string[] Parameters) ?

Thanks
          Dan

Comment

Thanks koganmam.

What will be the calling parameters, i.e. what should I put inside (string[] Parameters) ?

Thanks
            Dan
            The calling parameters are the inputs that you have specified in the public properties for the indicator, when you coded the indicator. (i.e., any property that has a setter). Intellisense should be able to help you, if you cannot determine the correct order.

Comment

The calling parameters are the inputs that you have specified in the public properties for the indicator, when you coded the indicator. (i.e., any property that has a setter). Intellisense should be able to help you, if you cannot determine the correct order.
              Many thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by PhillT, 04-19-2024, 02:16 PM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post PhillT
              by PhillT

Started by ageeholdings, 05-01-2024, 05:22 AM
              5 responses