Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Prior Day Fibonnaci Retracement Indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nevermind, I figured it out.
    Thank you.

EDIT.... now for some reason it started drawing the day before's fib retracement (with inputs from the day before that) also and its lines are extended into the current day.

Is there an input similar to Bars.BarsSinceSession that would mean the current bar we are on? So it would draw to the current bar of the session it was created in, then cease to exist once a new session started, or at least cease to keep extending?
    Last edited by jmflukeiii; 02-03-2012, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jmflukeiii View Post
      Nevermind, I figured it out.
      Thank you.

EDIT.... now for some reason it started drawing the day before's fib retracement (with inputs from the day before that) also and its lines are extended into the current day.

Is there an input similar to Bars.BarsSinceSession that would mean the current bar we are on? So it would draw to the current bar of the session it was created in, then cease to exist once a new session started, or at least cease to keep extending?
      Look at your drawing statements. Your Fibonacci Retracements have different tags, so represent different objects. specifically you will always see 2 Fib Retracements, one for an up day, and the other for a down day. If you always want to see only one Fib Retracement, then the drawings must have the same tag, much as you have done with the Fib Extensions. In fact, reading the layout of your code, I think it is a typo, and your original intent was to use the same tag.
      Last edited by koganam; 02-05-2012, 04:11 PM. Reason: Corrected spelling

Comment

Ahhhhhhhh, thank you.... my main programming "tactic" is trial and error and I think I switched those at some point and forgot to change them back! That makes perfect sense. I should have noticed the extension were't showing up twice....

Thank you for your help!

Comment

I have one more question about this.... so the way it stands now, my lines start at the new day, but the old days lines still show on the old day. Is there a way to just have the lines only print using today's values and prior day's do not show?

And if so, is there a way to just extend today's lines all the way back across the screen?

Comment

Hi jmflukeiii,

Can you please confirm you are still drawing Fibonacci lines? For this, you could provide only 1 tag (don't make it unique with + CurrentBar). The object will be replaced and only the most up to date one will be drawn. After its been drawn, you can double click and adjust the extend left and extend right settings.
            Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I still have that indicator, but made another one that just uses line plots at calculated values to display the current day's retracements, extensions (calculated from yesterday's data), and pivot points.

Comment

I see. Thanks for the reply. Instead of plots, you could consider moving the values to Horizontal lines or Extended Lines.

Comment

Great thank you for the tip, I'll look into that.

Comment

That works very well, thank you. Now is there an easier way of labeling these lines as opposed to drawText? DrawText is so sloppy because basically I set label at the line value + a user defined offset. But its never quite right - the zoomed out chart obviously shows the difference from the zoomed in chart. But also, during a day when there's significant range, I don't want to have to be changing my label offset all the time.

Any clues you could give me?
                    Attached Files

Comment

I can see the challenges you're having, but I'm unfortunately not aware of an easy solution to make the text always draw near the line. We have previously received a suggestion for a label property for horizontal lines, which would help you out here. I'm happy to add your vote to this request. It's assigned id # 635.
                      Last edited by NinjaTrader_RyanM1; 02-16-2012, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Sure, I'd vote for that.

So I'm playing with the drawextendedline, but no matter what inputs I put for x start and x end, it just draws a never ending horizontal line, like drawhorizontalline. What am I doing wrong?

DrawExtendedLine("S1", false, 10, s1, 0, s1, Color.Green, DashStyle.Dash,1);

Comment

That's how it will work. It's pretty much the same as horizontal line except you can draw at angles.

Comment

Oh I see, so the x coordinate doesn't mean the line is actually starting from that point, its just one of two coordinates which a line is drawn through.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by gbourque, Today, 04:11 PM
                            0 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post gbourque  
                            Started by James650, 05-07-2024, 08:25 AM
                            3 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ