Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Bug Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bug Report

Compile Error in Ninja will allow Strategy.Ninja to be remarked out of declarations while the code will still compile. Means we have hidden code in the compiler!

This has been an on going sporadic problem that usually takes trial and error of copying and pasting code back and forth into text editors etc.

Hello neb1998,

Thanks for reporting.

Do you have exact steps you can detail to reproduce this issue?
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

using NinjaTrader.Data;

//using NinjaTrader.Indicator;

//using NinjaTrader.Strategy;

using NinjaTrader.Cbi;

explain how a fully working unmanaged strategy with multiple indicators and exits could compile with the above remarked out and its reproduced.

Comment

Bottom line Ninja WILL compile old code even if it has been changed to represent new code. So new code that takes the place of old WILL compile as the old code.

This is a major flaw.

Comment

Originally posted by neb1998 View Post
          Bottom line Ninja WILL compile old code even if it has been changed to represent new code. So new code that takes the place of old WILL compile as the old code.

This is a major flaw.

Incorrect. Will always use the new compiled code.

Simply these two lines are just duplicated as you are already inside of this namespace based on location where the code runs natively in the platform. These using directives do not have to be here in some cases as you have found however its simply always a good idea just to have them there however.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Flaw Remains

That may be the intended purpose of the compiler but this flaw does exist. Others i work with have found it to exist as well. The problem has something to do with code not being noticed as not being changed so the compiler is not noticing to recompile it. I can remove entire lines of code when this occurs and still run an optimization that should otherwise fail.

This is not a new case, i have mentioned this for at least a few months and it goes ignored.

Comment

Hello,

If you have a case where I can look into would be happy to look into this.

I'm letting you know in your case here commenting out using directives is not a valid test of this as there are already inherited from a higher up base class. Therefor doesnt matter if they're commented or not code will still run.

Thank You.

Comment

I will just ignore the problem like ninja does. (and hope it does not happen often) This problem exists however you want to spell it out its not easy to duplicate, its an internal compiling issue and has nothing to do with my code *which i cant release anyway. So if you want to look into it, fix it, and not even acknowledge it was fixed thats great.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by JoMoon2024, Today, 06:56 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post JoMoon2024  
                Started by Haiasi, 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Massinisa