Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Cancelling a Pending Order.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cancelling a Pending Order.

Hi,

Is there a way to cancel a pending order? Say I have an order in to sell at 100 and the market is at 95. Is there a way to cancel the order if the market moves to 90? I would like to cancel my sell automatically if a price is reached. Is there a condition I can place on the sell order?

I'd like to know if this is possible to setup using the ATM or any of the manual entry points using NT. I believe I might be able to set something up code-wise to handle this very situation.

Any thoughts?

thanks-
    jon

Jon, there is a way to cancel a pending order. The method is called CancelOrder(). Also, we recently posted a reference sample for how to cancel orders.

Unfortunately, NinjaTrader strategies cannot take over for a discretionary trade, which I think is what you're looking for. CancelOrder is only usable in NinjaScript strategies.
    AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Austin,

Thanks for the reply. I'm actually looking for a way to cancel a pending order when that pending order is placed via the SuperDOM or BasicEntry form. Is there a way to use the the SD or Basic Entry form to manually set a cancel condition on an order?

thanks!
      jon

Comment

Jon, unfortunately not - you would need to monitor the price and cancel the order then manually as needed from the order entry windows.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Is there a way we can see this in a future release of NT. It seems like something a trading platform should have. Something similar to a "kill level" that associates trades with a price. If that price is hit then it cancels the related order.

thanks-

Comment

Hello,

I will send this to our development department for consideration. Thanks!
            DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by giulyko00, Yesterday, 11:49 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post giulyko00  
            Started by NUVERSA, Today, 09:31 AM
            1 response
            0 likes