Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Recommendation: Tag of a Drawn Object to show as Hint during mouse hover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommendation: Tag of a Drawn Object to show as Hint during mouse hover

I have been programming with Indicators and Strategies for a while now. Through my debugging and usage of the charts I'm creating, it occurs to me that it would be a very positive experience to have a Drawn object's Tag appear (optionally if necessary) as I hover over it with the mouse.

Much like when I hover over the Buy button under Control Panel's, Order tab, this hint will apear "Submits Buy Orders".

I currently have about 50-100 Drawn lines, Dots, Plots, etc. appearing on the Chart, but it can become complicated to know what a Line or Dot represents. For example, if I Right-Click and view Line Properties ... it tells some specific information, but DOES NOT identify the Line. I believe the hover Hint I suggest would be a valuable yet likely easy enhancement to the product.

Thanks for listening,

Brian1

P.S. Have you noticed that if you Select a drawn Line by clicking on it and then hit Escape, it actually Removes the Line altogether rather than the expected Deselect. I find that to be an odd, untuitive behavior. I would more likely expect that the Delete key would do that. To continue the breach in intuitiveness, Delete actually Deselects. If you find this behavior to be odd, perhaps you could reverse those operations.
    Last edited by Brian1; 03-19-2009, 07:04 PM.

Thanks for the enhancement suggestions Brian1, we appreciate you taking the time. I could verify the selected drawn line is deleted with the Esc key, I will forward this to development, so they can take a look, thanks!
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I was just looking how to do this, Is there no way that this can be done?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by alancurry, Today, 06:53 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post alancurry  
      Started by Juanhuisman, Today, 06:51 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Juanhuisman