Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Using the script output window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using the script output window

How do I enable the ATI and use the script output window to display results? I need the basics to get started. Thx.

imported post

Can you be more specific on what you are trying to do? What NT version, 5 or 6? The Output window is used for NinjaScript not our ATI.

Enabling the ATI is accomplished via the File-->AutomatedTrading Interface menu.

Ray
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

I am trying to learn NinjaScript 6 and want to see the results of my code in the output window. I have a couple of other questions too.

Can eSignal .efs files with indicators becompiled into a .dlland run in Ninja Script 6 without rewriting them?

I thought I could write Ninja Script, compile it into a .dlland thenrun itusing the ATI and it would buy and sell based on indicators. e.g.If the volume was at a certain level and theMoving averages were at a certain angle, the current price was x% above the close, etc.-- then place an order (and I would be able to see if in the DOM). Right?

What do you mean "the output window is for NinjaScript not our ATI". Isn't the whole point of NinjaScript to allow automated trading in addition to displaying custom indicators and so forth?

Thanks for how to turn on the ATI answer. I was looking in all the wrong places.

Comment

imported post

Thanks for the clarification.

1. If you use the method Print("Some text") within NinjaScript, this will be output to the "Output" window.

2. You can not use EFS in NinjaTrader, you must re-write your indicator in NinjaScript.

Several concepts here. The Automated Trading Interface is an interfacefor external applications to communicate with NinjaTrader for automated order execution. So, you can link eSignal or TradeStation through our ATI.

If you want to build indicators or systems within NinjaTrader using NinjaScript, this is internal and does not require the ATI.

So, the question is, what exactly do you want to do?

A) Build a custom indicator that will plot on a chart
        B) Build a custom automated strategy that uses NinjaTrader installed indicators and have this strategy manage all entry and exit orders
        C) Build a custom automated strategy that uses NinjaTrader installed indicators and generate an entry order that executes an ASM strategy (SuperDOM strategy) that you can then manually manage via the SuperDOM

Ray

Comment

imported post

ninjatrader wrote:
          1. Good -- do I create a .dll and put it in the custom directory and it will run automatically or is there another way to just run it, especially while testing?
          2. So if I want to rewrite the eSignal indicators and use Ninja Trader (perhaps with Zen-Fire), I will find or create similar functions and recode it. Ok, I understand; the purpose of the ATI is to allow users to have their charts and indicators in eSignal or TradeStation and use the DOM to manage entry and exit.
          So, the question is, what exactly do you want to do?
          A) Yes, I ran through the demos and see that I can create custom indicators. This is pretty clear to me.
          B) I want to build custom programs to automate strategies which will manage entry and exits using both custom indicators and NinjaTrader indicators. Would orders show up on the DOM?
          C) This too, but after I am successful with the above.

Thank you so much for the insight and fast responses.
          Suzy

Comment

imported post

1. When you are in the NinjaScript editor and compile and indicator or strategy, when it is appliedto a chart or backtested, the code is executed and any Print() statements will be sent to the Output window.

2B) Yes, the orders will show up in the SuperDOM but they arenot meant to be managed manually although they can be at this time. If youcancel an order generated by a strategy, you may throw off internal strategy logic. If youhavea strategy generating orders, its is highly advised to let the strategy manage them.

Ray

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
            47 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post aligator  
            Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
            0 responses