Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Chart and SuperDOM combination window?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart and SuperDOM combination window?

Hi,

I would really like to develop a combination window of a Chart in one panel and a SuperDOM in the other. I like a lot of the features of Linnsoft IRT ChartTradingDOM:

https://www.linnsoft.com/techind/charttradingdom

and would like to do it in NinjaTrader too. I tried various addons deriving from NTTabPage with a constructor loading side by side

NinjaTrader.Gui.Chart.ChartControl
    NinjaTrader.Gui.SuperDom.SuperDomControl

but it does not work. Can anyone tell me if this is even possible. If it is, I will keep digging into the architecture till I get it.

Thanks

Hello xcondor,

This would be far outside of what is supported by NinjaTrader Support.

I'm not certain if a ChartControl and SuperDOMControl can be added to the same window but I would expect that these would conflict with each other.
    These controls are highly ingrained into the NTWindow they are in.

This thread will remain open for any community members that would like to assist.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
      I'm not certain if a ChartControl and SuperDOMControl can be added to the same window but I would expect that these would conflict with each other.
      These controls are highly ingrained into the NTWindow they are in.
      Chelsea,
      Would you mind escalating this inquiry so I can get a definitive answer. I am really keen on giving it a try fully aware of the pain I would go thru as undocumented and unsupported as it is. You have to admit the idea is a gem and even more relevant in NinjaTrader where there is no docking or a true worskspace where panels could be locked down together. It drives me crazy when I lose one window or the other in the middle of a trade.

When the market spikes and the chart re-scales it gets completely out of sync with the SuperDOM and I cannot see where my stops and targets are. IRT has really worked the kinks out to keep them in sync. Watch the video. It's not long. Unfortunately they are not a trading platform and do not even have broker or exchange implementations yet, and no ETA. So right now it is just a pretty toy.

This would be far outside of what is supported by NinjaTrader Support.
      I know that.

Comment

Hello xcondor,

With items that are not supported we are not able to direct these to our development team. (This is what we mean by not supported by NinjaTrader).

However, I will ask the rest of our support team to see if anyone has any ideas.

You can also contact a professional NinjaScript Consultant who would be eager to create or modify this script at your request or assist you with your script. The NinjaTrader Ecosystem has affiliate contacts who provide educational as well as consulting services. Please let me know if you would like our business development follow up with you with a list of affiliate consultants who would be happy to create this script or any others at your request.
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

You can also contact a professional NinjaScript Consultant who would be eager to create or modify this script at your request or assist you with your script. The NinjaTrader Ecosystem has affiliate contacts who provide educational as well as consulting services. Please let me know if you would like our business development follow up with you with a list of affiliate consultants who would be happy to create this script or any others at your request.
          Are you saying that consultants have more access to the source code or just more knowledge with the same tools available to everyone else?

Comment

xcondor.

I've read your postings here with interest. A chart embedded DOM for NT exists - see attached image. So it appears the answer to your initial question is: Yes, it is possible. Is that what you are looking for? Please pm me if you'd like to develop your own version.

sandman
            Attached Files

Comment

The attached image shows only one price column, a Buy and Sell column and a column to set number of contracts, ATM strategy etc. and would be fixed within a chart.

sandman
              Attached Files

Comment

sandman

I am instered in a Chart Embedded DOM like the one you posted. Are you able to direct me on how to obtain one?

Comment

kenya,
                  Check here:

You can download it for free for a 5day trial period.

sandman

Comment

Hey guys, Looking for DOM on the chart like the one sandman mentioned. I can see they only offer this for NT7. Wondering if you guys know another source?

Thanks for your time.

Kind Regards,
                    Josh

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
                    10 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Traderontheroad  
                    Started by firefoxforum12, Today, 08:53 PM