MACDBBLines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BC5391,

What are the KPMRange & KPMedium on the picture of your charts?

Are they an indicator on this forum?

Thanks,
    Al

Comment

KPM indicators are KwikPop indicators. You can buy them here http://www.kwikpop.com/
      Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

dwalls,

The MACD dots are just the standard MACD, so you would call that to get the dots values. Take a look at the OnBarUpdate code in the indicator, its very simple.

Once you've called the MACD to get the dot values, you can call MACDBBLines directly to get the BB_UpperBand and BB_lowerBand values.

So yes, you should be able to string all that together in a strategy.

Comment

Originally posted by garciaal View Post
          BC5391,

What are the KPMRange & KPMedium on the picture of your charts?

Are they an indicator on this forum?

Thanks,
          Al

yes they are leased indicators from kwikpop.com

Comment

I dont get any blue dots only red and green ones which is not right is it? I thought a blue dot represented the moment when the squeeze triggered?

Comment

Originally posted by Bogan7 View Post
              I dont get any blue dots only red and green ones which is not right is it? I thought a blue dot represented the moment when the squeeze triggered?
              Yes, just green dots for a rising MACD and red dots for a falling MACD. Are you sure you don't want a squeeze indicator such as BBS? I've seen white dots before which are suppossed to represent if there is no rising/falling, is that what you mean? If you can define the rules for a blue dot I can look at adding them.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumphrie View Post
                dwalls,

The MACD dots are just the standard MACD, so you would call that to get the dots values. Take a look at the OnBarUpdate code in the indicator, its very simple.

Once you've called the MACD to get the dot values, you can call MACDBBLines directly to get the BB_UpperBand and BB_lowerBand values.

So yes, you should be able to string all that together in a strategy.
                Gumphrie,
                I've tried several ways to get a strategy for this to work but just cant get any of them to compile. I'm just a beginner. I was woundering if you might help me with the basics of the strategy and get it to compile, then I could probably add some things from there.
                Put simply: If the Macd dots are below the upper band and then close above the upper band, enter long. Exit when the Macd dot closes below the upper band. If the Macd dots are above the lower band and then close below the lower band, enter short. Exit when the Macd dot closes above the lower band.
                Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by dwalls View Post
                  Gumphrie,
                  I've tried several ways to get a strategy for this to work but just cant get any of them to compile. I'm just a beginner. I was woundering if you might help me with the basics of the strategy and get it to compile, then I could probably add some things from there.
                  Put simply: If the Macd dots are below the upper band and then close above the upper band, enter long. Exit when the Macd dot closes below the upper band. If the Macd dots are above the lower band and then close below the lower band, enter short. Exit when the Macd dot closes above the lower band.
                  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
                  What sort of compile errors are you getting? Can you post or PM me an example?

This may sound funny, but I don't actually use NinjaScript strategies, but instead focus on the indicators and use the ATI for autotrading, linking the two with my own applications, so I don't have any snippets or samples that may help straight away.

Comment

Gumphrie,

On this indicator it shows the BB_UpperBand and the BB_LowerBand values in the Data Box. I was wondering if you could edit it to also show the MacdBB dots value in the Data Box as well. Just so we can see by the values if the dots accually closed inside or outside the Bands.

Thanks

Comment

On this indicator it shows the BB_UpperBand and the BB_LowerBand values in the Data Box. I was wondering if you could edit it to also show the MacdBB dots value in the Data Box as well. Just so we can see by the values if the dots accually closed inside or outside the Bands.

Thanks
                      Overlaying a transparent MACD will give you the dot values.

Comment

Thanks,

I overlayed it but how do I make it transparent?
                        It shows both lines and the histogram fro the Macd.
                        Is there anyway to rid of the histogram and the other line and only show the MACD line?

Comment

Thanks,

I overlayed it but how do I make it transparent?
                          It shows both lines and the histogram fro the Macd.
                          Is there anyway to rid of the histogram and the other line and only show the MACD line?
                          Go into the properties for each Plot and change the colour to Transparent. Make sure its on the same panel. You probably also want to set the price markers to false in the general properties. Then save as a template once you're happy with it.

Comment

MACDBB Strategy Wizard

I'm trying to get the Strategy Wizard to trigger a trade, for backtesting, and for a Order management. I'm haveing problems creating "indicator on indicator" using the wizard. Because I am not familiar with C#, I would prefer to devellop the following strategy for future trading with the wizard and wonder whether this is possible.
                            Here below is the Easy Language script without all the formatting code:

inputs:
                            FastLen( 12),
                            SlowLen( 26),
                            Length( 10 ),
                            StDv(1);

VARS:
                            BB_Macd(0),
                            Avg(0),
                            SDev(0),
                            Upper_band(0),
                            Lower_band(0);

BB_Macd= MACD( Close, FastLen, SlowLen ) ;
                            Avg = XAverage(BB_Macd,Length);
                            SDev = StdDev( BB_Macd, Length ) ;
                            Upper_Band = Avg + StDv * SDev ;
                            Lower_Band = Avg - StDv * SDev ;

Plot1(BB_Macd);
                            Plot2(Upper_Band);
                            Plot3(Lower_Band);

I am looking forward for any help, please.

Comment

This looks like an indicator.

What exact condition are you looking to check for?

For example:

If a 20 period simple moving average of a 20 period RSI crosses above a value of 20 go long.
                              RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

i was referring to MACDBBLines indicator. I'm only interested in the MACDBBLines(12,10,26,5,1), when it changes color, for a trigger. red to go short and green to go long

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by MGHORBEL, Today, 06:25 AM
                                1 response
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                                Started by 1001111, Today, 01:35 AM
                                1 response
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                                Started by tradingnasdaqprueba, Yesterday, 03:42 AM
                                11 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                                Started by haas88, 03-21-2024, 02:22 AM
                                14 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                                Started by Skifree, Yesterday, 11:41 PM
                                1 response
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
                                Working...