Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smeagol View Post
    Hi Fred,
    Not sure what I`m doing wrong but the histogram displays all scrunched into the middle of the screen. I do have it set for `visibledataonly`.
    Smeagol;

You'll have to adjust the default colors. 'ThresholdColor' and 'SubThresholdColor' are set to Gray and DimGray, neither of which will show up on your gray background.

Comment

Originally posted by fwalton View Post
      Smeagol;

You'll have to adjust the default colors. 'ThresholdColor' and 'SubThresholdColor' are set to Gray and DimGray, neither of which will show up on your gray background.
      Thank you very much for this generous contribution. I was in the process of paying for IRT to get a decent PVH histogram but this is much cleaner and the simple setting adjustments are precisely what I couldn`t find elsewhere. Again, thank you, good karma is certain to come your way

Comment

Price Histogram justification, comparison to Gomi Volume Profile

Fred,

Thanks for your contribution on this indicator. Based on prior posts, I downloaded the new version 1.2. When I save the the template with the histogram right justified, and load the template into a new chart, the histogram is left justified again. However I did notice that the new version retains changes to the color. Any ideas why this is happening still?

Also when I compare this histogram to Gomi Volume Profile, I notice some quiet a few differences. For the comparison I set the chart to 1 day's worth of data. the differences are subtle, however there's enough to make you wonder what's causing the difference.

Thanks again,
        John
        Attached Files

Comment

Fred,
          When I save the the template with the histogram right justified, and load the template into a new chart, the histogram is left justified again...
          John;
          I verified that there indeed was an issue with the PlotHistogramType not saving in V1.2. The issue has been corrected and uploaded as V1.3 here:

Originally posted by John.2000
          Also when I compare this histogram to Gomi Volume Profile, I notice some quiet a few differences. For the comparison I set the chart to 1 day's worth of data. the differences are subtle, however there's enough to make you wonder what's causing the difference.
          Interesting comparison, thanks for sharing results.
          Regarding the differences, Market Profile Histograms can be any of the following:
          - VOC "Volume On close" (All Volume is assigned to the bar's close price)
          - TPO "Time Price Opportunity" (Histogram bars are generated based on how much relative time is spent trading at each tick)
          - VWTPO "Volume Weighted TPO" volume is distributed equally across the High-Low range
          - (other VWTPO variants) - the volume can be center weighted across the H-L range
          Given all these possiblities there are often variances between Market Profile Histograms.
          I developed this indicator not knowing any of these acronyms.
          Turns out my logic was VWTPO, equal distribution.

» Fred «
          Last edited by fwalton; 03-24-2010, 06:07 PM.

Comment

V1.3 Uploaded

A new version, V1.3, is uploaded here:
            http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...php?linkid=214
            It corrects the PlotHistogramType not saving issue.

» Fred «

Comment

Fred,

Thanks for the update. Greatly appreciated. Also thanks for pointing out the various calc type description. Never new the meaning behind the acronyms. Very helpful. Sounds like TPO is the most "useful" for my purpose. I'm Curious what method Gomi used.

Thanks Again,
              John

Comment

Date Range Type

Thank you Fred for your excellent indicator. I like to know if it is possible to add an additional option to "Date Range Type" for calculating from specific date on the chart.

For example, we might have 20 days of data on the chart. But we like to see the volume histogram from 12/28/2009, a specific date within the data range.

The rational for this is that sometimes the most important volume profile is from the last swing. The ability to set the date will enable one to see the histogram from the last swing date.

Comment

I have daily ES data going back to October, but I see no histogram going that far out, so cant get the volume profiles below 1090, is this a Zenfire issue?

Fred you are working hard to provide a very useful indicator, and thank you for that; btw, have you had a look at the price/volume profile provided by Investor Rt?

Cheers,
                  Kumar

Comment

Thank you Fred for your excellent indicator. I like to know if it is possible to add an additional option to "Date Range Type" for calculating from specific date on the chart...
                    Farshadro;
                    That is a useful suggestion.
                    Currently the indicator is being updated to work with NT7 beta.
                    The abililty to set Histogram Start Date, as well as other new features, will be available in a NT7-compatible version soon.

» Fred «

Comment

Originally posted by kumar View Post
                      I have daily ES data going back to October, but I see no histogram going that far out, so cant get the volume profiles below 1090, is this a Zenfire issue?
                      It seems to be a data provider issue based on what you've described.
                      Do other indicators have limited ranges on the same chart also?

...btw, have you had a look at the price/volume profile provided by Investor Rt? ...
                      Recently I did look at the content on the website, but I have not used it.
                      Certainly is a large collection of settings on their product.

» Fred «

Comment

version 1.3 NT7 compatible?

Farshadro;
                        [..]
                        Currently the indicator is being updated to work with NT7 beta.

» Fred «
                        Fred, trying to import the version 1.3 within NT 7 beta 9 I'm getting the Import NinjaScript error: "Import failed. The Ninjascript Archive File may contain duplicate method names that already exists on your Pc or there is a required file missing on either your PC or import archive".
                        Any help, please?
                        Thank you,
                        Paul
                        Last edited by paulg; 02-20-2010, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by paulg View Post
                          Fred, trying to import the version 1.3 within NT 7 beta 9 I'm getting the Import NinjaScript error: "Import failed. The Ninjascript Archive File may contain duplicate method names that already exists on your Pc or there is a required file missing on either your PC or import archive".
                          Any help, please?
                          Thank you,
                          Paul
                          With beta installations its often a challenge to determine the cause.
                          First thought is to delete the file
                          ProgramFiles\NinjaTrader7\bin\Custom\Indicator.Pri ceVolumeHistogram.cs
                          and re-attempt the download.

However, even if the file is imported successfully, there are further issues due to NT7 enhancements that make the code uncompilable and inaccurate in its plotting.

Substantial re-work is still being done to ensure full compatibility and accuracy with NT7.

» Fred «
                          Last edited by fwalton; 03-07-2010, 05:27 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Has anybody figured out how to use this indicator just for the current day. So that I get a volume profile for each session or just the realtime session. I'm looking volume profile charts. volume historgrams or whatever term you might use for that. I have seen DeanV's work DValue indicator but I'm not sure if that's the one to use, because I am not sure if VTPO is the one or not.

ANy help, I would appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by PandaTrader View Post
                              Has anybody figured out how to use this indicator just for the current day...
                              Check out this previous post on viewing single day data:

» Fred «
                              Last edited by fwalton; 03-25-2010, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Check out this previous post on viewing single day data:

» Fred «
                                Fred link seems to be a dead end.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by claxxical, 05-30-2017, 12:30 PM
                                37 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Padan
                                by Padan

Started by SugarDefwebsite, Today, 02:18 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post SugarDefwebsite  
                                Started by usglucofreeze, Today, 01:19 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post usglucofreeze  
                                Started by f.saeidi, Today, 01:12 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post f.saeidi  
                                Started by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB, 03-14-2017, 10:17 AM
                                227 responses
                                7 likes
                                Last Post rare312
                                by rare312

Working...
                                X