Opening Price indicator by bobc635

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opening Price indicator by bobc635

this indicator marks the opening price of a session and since NT is set for bars to mark the closing price I cannot get it to work. Example if I set it to open at 9 am Crude pit time it will mark the close of the previous bar that closes at 9. There is no Second option to mark. The indicator does not have the capability of marking the open time of 0900
    ..https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...ning-price-r1/

Hello Jes070466,

Thank you for your post.

What is the "Calculate" property for the indicator set to? If you have it set to On Bar Close, please try setting it to On Price Change to see if this allows it to calculate the open price that you are looking for. Otherwise, you may need to reach out to the user, bobc635, who created the indicator for more information on how the script is intended to work.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

That does not fix it. I set it to price change and it still does not set to the opening price. Have never reached out to anyone here how to do that if you will please? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Jes070466 View Post
        That does not fix it. I set it to price change and it still does not set to the opening price. Have never reached out to anyone here how to do that if you will please? Thanks.
        On the download page for the indicator, you can click the hyperlink on the username in the "Created By" field. That will take you to the user's profile on the forum. I believe there is a button on that page to message them, otherwise you can navigate to the "Messages" button at the top-right of the page when logged in to the forum and draft a message there directly to a user based on their username.

In the meantime, you could consider using the Current Day OHL indicator to see if it suits your needs. If you'd like it to start at a specific time (like the pit open) then you could add a data series using a Trading Hours template that matches the desired open time and apply the indicator to that data series. There is even a way to plot indicators on a "hidden" data series:

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
        Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

May I know if this has been fixed please?

Comment

Originally posted by Jes070466 View Post
            It is not possible to print in advance an event that has not happened yet. When it happens then printing it would still not be the Open by fractions of a seconds in this AI trading age.

The best you can do is use setup to calculate "on each tick" or program (if possible) a "On first tick of the Bar" in the code and hope that first tick of the opening bar is printed (unlikely to be the real open time, but the closest.

Cheers!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by sastrades, 01-31-2024, 10:19 PM
            12 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post sastrades  
            Started by Jimmyk, 01-26-2018, 05:19 AM
            8 responses
            0 likes