Footprint charts and Orderflow+ Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Footprint charts and Orderflow+ Data

Long story short I do not have the lifetime license for NT8 and as such I can not make charts with the premium orderflow tools, and I can not make custom indicators or strategies that utilize this data to say take an order when multiple imbalances form. But what I do have is a third party add on script that gives me the ability to see these foot prints and the imbalances etc.

This add on is license based so my machine ID, as such I can't find a way to see this data in a strategy as I can't access their code. I don't know that they provide any API like information to interact with it, any strategy has to be done manually which is slower and thus less profitable than an auto entry strategy. Also, if I could I would rearrange the data and even show different values which I cam't do now for the above reasons.

My question is, how do they provide me with that data when I do not have the license from NT to view it? What would I need to do if I wanted to develop my own software/strategy based off this information?

Hello Sinisterwolf89,

Thanks for your notes.

NinjaScript indicators that contain plots could be used for conditions and actions in a Strategy Builder strategy and then you could click the 'View code' button to see the generated code. If the indicator does not contain plots it cannot be used in a Strategy Builder strategy.

Since the script is from a third-party provider and not by NinjaTrader we would not know exactly how the script is intended to function or how to use it in a custom NinjaScript.

You should reach out to the third-party developer who provided you with the addon(s) to ask what specific data enablements you need to run the script, how you are able to view the data from the script without a Lifetime Account Plan or OrderFlow+ package, and information about how to use their script in a custom NinjaScript strategy you want to program.

Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This reply does not help much. I already knew that the app developer would have to give me information on their code,but why would they? I already bought it and giving me their methods does not serve them at all.

I want to know how the orderflow data can be reached by an add on in my NT8 software without me having the license to access it on my own. Does the app developer provide it via the add on so it is paid for? Is there a 3rd party data provider I can use to get orderflow data and program a ninjascript code to access and display it on my charts? I like the app provided by the vendor but I would like to try my hand at making my own script and while I know where to start on the script development I am trying to figure out how to access specific data with the code.

Comment

Hello Sinisterwolf89,

Thanks for your notes.

Since the addon is not created by NinjaTrader we do not know how the script was coded and accesses certain data. The developer of the script should be contacted to ask what data is used in the script and they could give you an overview of how the script works without providing specific code.

The developer could also give you insights on how to use their custom indicators or addons in a custom NinjaScript strategy.

They are likely accessing bid/ask data to use within their script, possibly from OnMarketData() or OnMarketDepth(), and are using custom calculations in their script.

Depending on which of the Order Flow+ tools you are using, you will need historical tick data, historical bid/ask stamped tick data, or Level II data (full market depth).

If you have access to this data from your data provider, Order Flow+ tools could be used. To use NinjaTrader's OrderFlow+ tools you must have a lifetime account plan or be subscribed to the OrderFlow+ package in the NinjaTrader Account Dashboard at account[dot]ninjatrader[dot]com.

See the help guide page linked below for more information about the Order Flow+ tools.

Order Flow+: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help..._flow_plus.htm

Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Bidder
        by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM