Impulse MACD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Impulse MACD

Has anyone convert this indicator. I have seen if referred to as Impulse MACD and in some videos it appears as IMACD LB which is from Tradingview coder LazyBear

Impulse MACD: https://www.tradingview.com/script/q...MACD-LazyBear/

Not so interested in all the bar coloring but more the identification of the Cross over levels out of chop areas

This video around the 5 minute mark discusses the Over Bought and Over Sold levels

Recommended Brokers:► BEST Platform For Scalping/Day Trading : https://bit.ly/DataTraderWeb (use VPN for some countries)► BEST Mobile App for Trading Forex/C...

Additional this video is some more complicated and likely not completely helpful but interesting

Welcome to this tutorial on how to use the Impulse MACD indicator by Lazybear. In this video, we will explore the power of this indicator and how it can be u...

I actually figure this was already converted somewhere here on NinjaTrader

Thanks

Hello DTSSTS,

Thanks for your notes.

I am not aware of any existing NinjaTrader indicators called Impulse MACD.

You could consider browsing the Ecosystem User App Share for a possible solution.

Ecosystem User App Share: https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/user-app-share/

This forum thread will be open for other community members to share their insights on the topic.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I m also interested in this indicator.
      We have to find developer to convert from TradingView PineScript to NinjaTrader NinjaScript.
      I have been trying to work on the conversion, however, the learning curve is too steep and I dont have much free time atm.

Comment

Hello cybertrader78,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

You can search our extensive library of NinjaScript consultants through the link below. Simply enter a consultant name or search by using our filter categories. Once you have identified your consultants of choice, please visit each consultant's site for more information or contact them directly to learn more!
        Programming Services - https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/sea...mming-services
        Educators - https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/sea...ures=education

You can locate the contact information for the consultants on their direct websites for any additional questions you may have. Since these consultants are third party services for NinjaTrader all pricing and support information will need to be obtained through the consultant.

This NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The companies and services listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Please let me know if you have any questions, or if I can provide any further assistance.​
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am working on converting this. This will be my second conversion from pinescript.

Comment

I've recreated it but I'm not sure if it works correctly because I don't know what it "should" be since I don't use TradingView and don't have a comparison of my results to the "actual" results of the indicator.

Comment

Nice. I do not use Trading View either, so I cannot verify your results either. The Pine Script version had plots ie drawings for the visual chart but did NOT have what NinjaTrader considers Plots that can be used in the Strategies or Strategy Builder. Did you add those plots to your conversion?

Comment

Originally posted by DTSSTS View Post
                The Pine Script version had plots ie drawings for the visual chart but did NOT have what NinjaTrader considers Plots that can be used in the Strategies or Strategy Builder. Did you add those plots to your conversion?
                I literally recreated the exact code the PineScript version uses so it's pretty much just plotting a MACD indicator like it does in the regular MACD indicator and how you seen in the few YouTube videos... although I modified it to look the way the YouTube videos suggest it should look. Namely, you can edit the colors of the plots inside NinjaTrader via the indicator configuration, but you can't make it show multiple colors for up/down movement like the original. I didn't wanna put in the extra effort to code that functionality in since I wasn't going to be using it. The Impulse MACD looks interesting to me, but it's unlikely to be useful given that I'm a day trader, a scalper/sniper, and since I don't know if the thing is even performing the way it's supposed to vis-a-vis the original PineScript version, I don't know that I could rely on it even if it was the kind of indicator that should be useful to me.

Comment

OK thanks for the info. I am not sure it is useful to me either. But without the actual Plots that are accessible in the Strategies I do not know why any indicator exist. They are not useful if you cannot implement an action or alert. What do you plan to do with is now created code. I can probably add the plots and then reshare here. Thanks

Comment

But without the actual Plots that are accessible in the Strategies I do not know why any indicator exist. They are not useful if you cannot implement an action or alert.
                    Well, that's where people are live trading and are doing so in real-time. Alerts are only as good as you being able to do something with them and I don't see why they would be useful if you don't understand them in the first place... which means you should be able to understand the indicators too.

What do you plan to do with is now created code. I can probably add the plots and then reshare here. Thanks
                    Probably nothing. I don't even know if it's accurate, let alone have a good use for it given that it's supposedly only practically useful for swing trading. Do you know how to program in C#?

Comment

As we both stated before this indicator is likely not very useful. But without plots to use in a condition sets for alerts or a part of a condition set for automated trading I find indicators not useful to me. I use an alert or maybe a backbrush to appear when a trade might be setting up. Thus the need for the plots.

So far a C#, I likely could not convert a piinescript to C#, but I have taken several indicators without plots and added them and I have created from scratch about 50-60 indicators or modifications to indicators myself.

Thanks again

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
                      5 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post Bidder
                      by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
                      4 responses