Nadaraya-Watson Envelope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nadaraya-Watson Envelope

I have searched this board & User app for Nadaray_Watson Envelope but was not able to find any information. On LuxAlgo I found Nadaraya-Watson Envelope, & Nadaraya-Watson-Smoothers. Think these are for older versions of NinjaTrader. Please can anyone convert these for Ninjatrader8?
    Attached Files

Hello FishTrade,

Thank you for your post.

The info file for these scripts shows they were generated in NinjaTrader Desktop version 8.1.1.6. I was able to import the NadarayaWatsonEnvelop.zip successfully as a test. The .zip files as you have attached them won't import successfully, though the .zip file inside of each of these attachments is the file that needs to be imported. What I did was download the two attachments you provided, then from my downloads folder I right-clicked and extracted the files from these .zips to unveil the actual .zip import files that are compatible with NinjaTrader's Control Center > Tools > Import NinjaScript AddOn utility. Please try this on your end as well.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank You Emily, I was able to do this with Nadaraya_Watson_Smoothers & import the imbedded .Zip file & I am enclosing it here. I was not able to do this with the Nadaraya_Watson_ Envelops.
      The imbedded "Zip File" has an unusual name .Zip.drag & still can not be imported. If possible please extract the usable zip file & related indicators & include here. Thank You
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello
        Your indicators are great and work perfectly.
        However, I have a beginner's question concerning the fact that they repaint.
        Could you please confirm that I have understood how they work.
        Does the "BandWidth" parameter correspond to the number of bars that repaint? I.e. if I set 2, when bar 0 closes, if there's a "signal" to display, it will appear on bar 1 and won't disappear again?
        Please excuse this beginner's question.​

Comment

RookyNT8 I am still struggling to down load both indicators. If you have been able to download both, Please Post the zip files here? I believe repaint of past is normal as the position of band changes. I am new to this

Comment

I've downloaded the indicators from the first message.
            I opened the zip (db click) and did a drag and drop of the zip archive they contained and these archives came out of the original zip which I installed as for the other indicators without any difficulty.​

Comment

RookyNT8 Will try again.
              Do not trade this indicator all by itself. Need to add RSI.
              take a look at this https://youtu.be/Olb47nBRSSo
              He also uses ATR bands for S/L & profit targets.....Not sure if Ninja has that.
              Last edited by FishTrade; 12-14-2023, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FishTrade View Post
                Thank You Emily, I was able to do this with Nadaraya_Watson_Smoothers & import the imbedded .Zip file & I am enclosing it here. I was not able to do this with the Nadaraya_Watson_ Envelops.
                The imbedded "Zip File" has an unusual name .Zip.drag & still can not be imported. If possible please extract the usable zip file & related indicators & include here. Thank You
                Attached are the .zip files that I extracted and you should be able to import them into the platform.

Attached Files
                Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by FishTrade View Post
                  RookyNT8 Will try again.
                  Do not trade this indicator all by itself. Need to add RSI.
                  take a look at this https://youtu.be/Olb47nBRSSo
                  He also uses ATR bands for S/L & profit targets.....Not sure if Ninja has that.
                  Thank you for your answer.
                  But as I am a beginner I would also like an answer to my question please :​

Could you confirm that I've understood how they work?
                  Does the "BandWidth" parameter correspond to the number of bars that are repainted? For example, if I set 2, when bar 0 closes, if there's a "signal" to display, it will appear on bar 1 and won't disappear again? The curve will no longer be modified on bar 1?​

Comment

RookyNT8 I am new to this indicator also & have not have time to look at it yet. Best if you contact LuxAlgo.Com
                    LuxAlgo Support [email protected]

Please share your findings.

Comment

Here is the description by luxalgo themselves. https://app.luxalgo.com/library/indi...atson-Envelope

As far as I understand, the bandwidth conttrols the reaction time (lower numbers =faster, higher numbers =wider & smoother)

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Emily View Post

Attached are the .zip files that I extracted and you should be able to import them into the platform.

When I try the add 3 of these indicators/envelops on the chart (with different settings) then the lines are not showing properly. sometimes they work while on chart-reload they disappear. Can you please take a look.

Also can you please post this indicator on https://ninjatraderecosystem.com with source files?

Thank you!

Comment

Try to reduce the number of bars on which the indicator is working. This saved my PC from freezing, but I only have 8GB of Ram...
                          It is here : https://app.luxalgo.com/library/indi...atson-Envelope

Comment

can someone please add alert and email to this indicator when arrows are created on the chart, it will be very helpful.

thank you!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by Jimmyk, 01-26-2018, 05:19 AM
                            6 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post emuns
                            by emuns

Started by jxs_xrj, 01-12-2020, 09:49 AM
                            6 responses