TBars Marker Indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TBars Marker Indicator

I'm looking for an indicator that marks where the current TBars bar will close. I searched a lot for this indicator and I didn't find it, also it's not exist on the Ecosystem User App Share

Click image for larger version

Name:	TBars.png
Views:	458
Size:	8.2 KB
ID:	1277160

This is an example of what I'm looking for:
    The indicator installs as jtRangeMarker8 5‐12‐16 (code break changes in OnRender()) 9-23-20 (Bug fix, when price panel was not the top panel, rectangle showed incorrectly). 12-27-2021 Version 8.2, Added support for Volumetric Range bar, adjusted for better auto-scaling, minor cosmetic and code March 28th, 2022 – Bug fix, ChartControl.BarsArray[0] changed to ChartBars. Better re-use of […]
    Last edited by KSB_012; 11-09-2023, 06:04 AM.

Hello KSB_012,

I'm not aware of an existing indicator such as this and I am not very familiar with TBars. I would recommend that you reach out to the vendor or author that develops the TBars and inquire if they have an indicator such as this to go along with it.

This thread will remain open for any community members that may know of this indicator and wish to share this with you.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your reply,
      I hope someone will share this indicator with us after seeing this thread.

Comment

The reason it works with range bars is because they have a constant range. It doesn't appear T Bars (tick bars?) have a constant range. Their height varies, so it would be impossible to know where they're going to close.

Comment

Not sure what TBars are, not everyone knows what a Tbar is.

Juust to clarify, Range Bars have a fix range (5, 10, 15, etc.) so when a bar starts you know at what level it will have a high/low point, so can identify and program that level to show before the Range bar actually gets there. To get a correct answer you need to explain what TBars are first, since they do not exist here as a default Bars Type.

Unless you actually mean TBars are the same as Tick Bars (100,200, 500, etc.). While these bars all have the same number to ticks, they do not fill to size with the same rate depending on market times and conditions. For example, in slow market it may takes several minutes for a 100T bar to complete while in a fast and volatile market that same bar may complete in seconds. Becuase of the unpredictability of the closing Time one can not program at what time a certain bar size will complete (The chart X-Axis is always time based, so is the data flow.)

There you have it, unless your TBars are another kind of Range Bars (Renko, etc.)

Cheers!
          Last edited by aligator; 11-21-2023, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Option Whisperer, Today, 09:55 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post bltdavid  
          Started by port119, Today, 02:43 PM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes