Imported file from Eco Share Fails to Import

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imported file from Eco Share Fails to Import

I downloaded the file "Market Profile" (Pic below) from the Eco share but am having problems importing it. When I try to import it I get an error message as noted in the attachment below. This happens on one of my machines with Ninjatrader 7 but not on another machine with Ninjatrader 7.

How do I troubleshoot this error?

regards,
    taddypole...
    Attached Files

Hello Taddypole,

Thank you for your post.

This error message means there is another script in the installation that conflicts with the script you are trying to import. In order to identify which script is causing the conflict:
    • Shut down NinjaTrader 7
    • Download and copy the attached IGMarketProfile.cs file to the Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Indicator folder on your PC
    • Launch NinjaTrader 7
    • Go to Control Center > Tools menu > Edit NinjaScript > Indicator
    • Select ANY indicator and double-click on it (we need only to open and compile one script to see all compile errors for all files).
    • A new window will appear. Either right-click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators or use the keyboard shortcut F5 to compile
    • At the bottom of the window, check for error messages. This is where you will see which script is conflicting with your import of "Market Profile"
      • You may need to consider deleting Market Profile or the conflicting script. Otherwise, you will need to reach out to the developer of either script for additional assistance.
    Please feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns.​
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

There is a method used which is not valid. How do I correct this?
      See Pic....
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello Taddypole,

Thank you for your reply.

I am unable to reproduce this behavior on my end. Please try the following to repair your NinjaTrader 7 installation and ensure that your NinjaScript files are up-to-date:
        • Close NinjaTrader
        • Rename the Documents\NinjaTrader 7 folder to Documents\NinjaTrader 7 Temp
        • Download the NinjaTrader 7 installer from the account portal:
          • NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.43 may be found in the "Prior Releases" section on the right-hand side of the page
          • If you do not have a NinjaTrader Dashboard user you can use the link below to create one.
        • ​​​​​​​Run the install from the downloaded installer. Select "Repair" if it comes up as an option.​
        • Now there will be a new NinjaTrader 7 folder. Copy the new Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom to Documents\NinjaTrader 7 Temp\bin\Custom. When prompted, replace overlapping files
        • Delete the new Documents\NinjaTrader 7 folder
        • Rename Documents\NinjaTrader 7 Temp to Documents\NinjaTrader 7
        ​Lastly, to reset your instruments, please follow the steps below:
        • Launch NinjaTrader 7
        • Disconnect from your data feed: NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Disconnect> Select your data feed
        • Reset your Instruments: NinjaTrader Control Center> Tools> Options> Data tab> Reset Instruments>OK
        • Restart NinjaTrader> Connect (NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Connect> Select your connection
        After repairing and resetting instruments, please try to compile again and let me know if you continue to receive an error.

Thank you for your time and patience. I look forward to hearing the results.

Comment

I followed the directions you provided but when I tried to install the downlaoded Ninjatrader I got the message shown in the Pic...
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello Taddypole,

It looks like this could be ambiguity.

Do you have an indicator imported with the name DayOfWeek?

Do you have any scripts that have a DayOfWeek declared as a class or enum in the Indicator NinjaTrader.Indicator namespace?
            Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by Taddypole View Post
              I followed the directions you provided but when I tried to install the downlaoded Ninjatrader I got the message shown in the Pic...
              Thanks for your patience; I have modified my steps to include a step to uninstall NinjaTrader 7. The folder in your documents will still exist, so you will not lose any of your personal information such as workspaces, indicators, etc. Here are the modified steps (the third bullet point was added):
              • Close NinjaTrader
              • Rename the Documents\NinjaTrader 7 folder to Documents\NinjaTrader 7 Temp
              • Uninstall NinjaTrader from the Windows Control Panel > Programs and Features page
              • Download the NinjaTrader 7 installer from the account portal:
                • NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.43 may be found in the "Prior Releases" section on the right-hand side of the page
                • If you do not have a NinjaTrader Dashboard user you can use the link below to create one.
              • Run the install from the downloaded installer. Select "Repair" if it comes up as an option.​
              • Now there will be a new NinjaTrader 7 folder. Copy the new Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom to Documents\NinjaTrader 7 Temp\bin\Custom. When prompted, replace overlapping files
              • Delete the new Documents\NinjaTrader 7 folder
              • Rename Documents\NinjaTrader 7 Temp to Documents\NinjaTrader 7
              ​Lastly, to reset your instruments, please follow the steps below:
              • Launch NinjaTrader 7
              • Disconnect from your data feed: NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Disconnect> Select your data feed
              • Reset your Instruments: NinjaTrader Control Center> Tools> Options> Data tab> Reset Instruments>OK
              • Restart NinjaTrader> Connect (NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Connect> Select your connection
              After repairing and resetting instruments, please try to compile again and let me know if you continue to receive an error.

If you are still getting the same message after uninstalling/reinstalling and copying over the bin/Custom folder from the new folder to your previous folder, please look into the questions Chelsea answered regarding ambiguity.

I look forward to resolving this item with you.​

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
                Hello Taddypole,

It looks like this could be ambiguity.

Do you have an indicator imported with the name DayOfWeek?

Do you have any scripts that have a DayOfWeek declared as a class or enum in the Indicator NinjaTrader.Indicator namespace?

Yes Chelsea, I do have another indicator that has "DayOfWeek" ....

Comment

Thank you ChelseaB,

I removed the other occurrences of "DayOfWeek" in my indicator folder and then the new one worked.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by StockTrader88, 03-06-2021, 08:58 AM
                  45 responses
                  3 likes
                  Last Post johntraderuser2  
                  Started by TAJTrades, Today, 09:46 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post TAJTrades