NT8 range indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 range indicator

Can anyone please help? I have searched the web without success to find a simple paid or free range indicator for NT8. I do NOT want a modified ATR. I need a range indicator for any selected period (number of time or tick bars) that provides a moving measure for the ACTUAL high-low price range for the period as shown in TICKS for futures. NOT the average range per bar, or any other average measure.

EXAMPLE: For the last 10-candle (X-number) moving period, if the highest price reaches 100 and the lowest price is 85 (regardless of which of the 10-period bars record these extremes), the indicator would show 15.

Ideally, the indicator would show the moving number in the Data Box, but if there is an oscillator that shows a tick scale, that's OK also.

More advanced, an option would be to show the high-low range for the OPENING and CLOSING prices for the range rather than the high-low wicks. But I'd settle for anything similar. I do not do coding, so pure script alone will not help me. This seems like a simple indicator--to measure the moving total price range for a designated period--but I can't find anything. Thanks for any help or guidance you can provide.

you are welcome to see if our SidiOpenrange indicator can do what you are looking for. here is the link to our discord channel where you can download the indicator for free.
    Check out the Sidi Trading community on Discord - hang out with 868 other members and enjoy free voice and text chat.
    sidlercom80
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Sidi Trading

Comment

To sidlercom80: Thank you sincerely for responding to my posted need for a range indicator. Please forgive my lack of experience. I went to the link you provided to the discord channel. I did not find a clear link on the page to the indicator you referenced. However, in the search box in the upper right-hand corner, I put in "SidiOpenrange" and then "SidiOpenrange indicator​." The searches did not find a match. I then went to the Sidi Trading menu on the upper left-hand corner of the page. I followed this search string: Sidi Trading menu > App Directory > Search box > SidiOpenrange indicator. I also tried other search terms. Again, the search return showed no matches. Could you please give me further instructions where to find the download link? I would like to try your recommendation. Thank you again!

Comment

Originally posted by TechDayTrader View Post
        To sidlercom80: Thank you sincerely for responding to my posted need for a range indicator. Please forgive my lack of experience. I went to the link you provided to the discord channel. I did not find a clear link on the page to the indicator you referenced. However, in the search box in the upper right-hand corner, I put in "SidiOpenrange" and then "SidiOpenrange indicator​." The searches did not find a match. I then went to the Sidi Trading menu on the upper left-hand corner of the page. I followed this search string: Sidi Trading menu > App Directory > Search box > SidiOpenrange indicator. I also tried other search terms. Again, the search return showed no matches. Could you please give me further instructions where to find the download link? I would like to try your recommendation. Thank you again! ​
        I sent you the link directly via PM in discord
        sidlercom80
        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Sidi Trading

Comment

Hello TechDayTrader,

If you have interest in creating this script, the example linked below has some logic you may find helpful in calculating in a range of values.
          https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...96#post1113896

This thread will remain open for any community members that would like to provide completed scripts.

Please note community, for any external links for 3rd party scripts please send these in a private message (PM). (External to the forum, User App Share, or Free on the Ecosystem)
          We discourage any kind of promotion for paid services or scripts on the forum, and may remove links to 3rd party sites from your post.

You can also contact a professional NinjaScript Consultant who would be eager to create or modify this script at your request or assist you with your script. The NinjaTrader Ecosystem has affiliate contacts who provide educational as well as consulting services. Please let me know if you would like a list of affiliate consultants who would be happy to create this script or any others at your request or provide one on one educational services.
          Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

To Chelsea B: Thanks for your script and response to my range indicator inquiry. I'll have to work with a good NT script developer to use it, but again, I appreciate your help. Thank you!

Comment

Hello TechDayTrader,

You can search our extensive library of NinjaScript consultants through the link below. Simply enter a consultant name or search by using our filter categories. Once you have identified your consultants of choice, please visit each consultant's site for more information or contact them directly to learn more!
              Programming Services - https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/sea...mming-services
              Educators - https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/sea...ures=education

You can locate the contact information for the consultants on their direct websites for any additional questions you may have. Since these consultants are third party services for NinjaTrader all pricing and support information will need to be obtained through the consultant.

This NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The companies and services listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Please let me know if you have any questions, or if I can provide any further assistance.​
              Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sincere thanks to sidlercom80 and to Chelsea B. of the NT Customer Service team for your help and guidance!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post burtoninlondon  
                Started by AaronKoRn, Yesterday, 09:49 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post AaronKoRn