Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TimeAndSalesNT8

Hello Everyone

Just write this one for anyone can help to convert this one to the latest V. of NT8

I had this one and can't been imported to the platform because of the Version

Thank you in Advance

Mike
    Attached Files

Hello Mike,

Thanks for your post.

This script was created for NinjaTrader 7 which is why is will not successfully import into NinjaTrader 8.

You would need to convert the script to be compatible with NinjaTrader 8.

Due to the code-breaking changes to the structure of NinjaScripts as well as changes to the NinjaScript properties and methods, no scripts created for NinjaTrader 7 will import into NinjaTrader 8.

​If this is a script that you would like to convert to NinjaTrader 8, my advice is to start by creating as much of the script as possible in NinjaTrader 8 using the Strategy Builder (or Strategy Wizard). This will create the framework of the indicator or strategy which has large changes from NinjaTrader 7 to NinjaTrader 8.

Then copy all code from the NinjaTrader 7 scripts OnBarUpdate to the OnBarUpdate of the NinjaTrader 8 script. This will introduce errors that will need to be resolved.

Below I am including a link to a list of the code-breaking changes from NinjaTrader 7 to NinjaTrader 8.
    http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ng_changes.htm

The help guide will be the best way to see how things have changed from NinjaTrader 7 to NinjaTrader 8.

When first starting to port scripts, I myself would open the NinjaTrader 7 help guide and the NinjaTrader 8 help guide to the same sections so that I could compare. The majority of code supported by NinjaTrader is included in the help guides.

Below is a link to a forum post with helpful information about getting started with NinjaScript.
    https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...040#post786040

This forum thread will also be open for other community members to share their insights on the topic or convert the script for you if they want.​
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Brandon

Thank you for your reply.

Sure I understand what you said but I am sorry to inform that I don't have any experience to develop that and go through all the steps with no coding experiences.

Just I was hoping it is already developed by someone for NT8 before and I couldn't found it or someone contribute to convert it.

It is really was a nice indicator for NT 7 which is was helpful for taking trade decision for long or short.

Thank you for your replay again

Mike

Comment

Hello Mike,

Thanks for your note.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem has affiliate contacts who provide educational as well as consulting services.

You could consider searching the NinjaTrader Ecosystem and contacting a professional NinjaScript Consultant who would be eager to convert this script at your request. The NinjaTrader Ecosystem below could be used to search for an affiliated NinjaScript Consultant.

NinjaTrader Ecosystem: https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/search-results/?

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
        Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Balage0922, Today, 07:38 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post Balage0922  
        Started by JoMoon2024, Today, 06:56 AM
        0 responses