Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

As soon as I uncheck "Break at EOD" the system gives me an error asking me to delete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Chelsea,

Sorry, I missed a few questions from you -

1) I want to re-confirm, you are able to produce the error message you are reporting, when opening a chart with no indicators? - No, it won't produce the delete cache error message when I'm opening Unirenko without any indicators. It will only contract the bars.

2) Also, you cannot reproduce when using the default values? The values have to be 100, 300, 500? Using 101, 301, 501, cannot reproduce? Using 2,2,4 cannot reproduce? I found that the values 100,300,500 work best for me that's why I use them - Using 101, 301, 501 won't make a difference, the siuation with error messages will remain the same. Using 2,2,4 would load too much data and the NT8 might crash or keep the screen blank.

I hope I've answered all your questions : )

Comment

Hello Taran,

Below are links to forum posts about renko bars.
      Hi Support I really could use some help from your guys. I have created a strategy based on the unirenko bars and the Fisher Transform indicator. I have led the strategy run the whole night, and when I then compare the strategy performance on the chart that has been running the whole night, and with a new duplicated chart with

So to confirm, you are not getting the historical tick data from the connection and you have instead imported this from a text file?
      This is likely the cause of the data not loading as expected. Are using a specific time range over the imported historical tick data and not on a real-time chart?

The error message is produced when you see point 1 in post 13
      If the behavior can only be reproduced when using 3rd party addons, and cannot be reproduced with a chart with no indicators applied, this is likely not the bar type producing the error message, it is likely the 3rd party indicator addon.

Is it possible for you to come on google meet or anydesk? I'd like to show how I load the Unirenko charts with tick data enabled and with the footprint and volume profile tools applied.
      We can schedule a remote support session using the Help -> Remote Support (teamviewer) application if necessary.
      However, I would not be addressing any indicators applied. I would on the call require you to remove these as I have directed on the forum.
      Once, it is determined that the behavior can be reproduced without the 3rd party indicator, I would then reproduce this on my end and review the code.
      I will not be testing with 3rd party indicators on your end.

If the behavior with the error can only be reproduced with the 3rd party indicator applied, the error would need to be reported to the vendor or developer that creates that indicator so debugging can be done to determine which specific lines of code are causing the error.
      Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Chelsea,

Yes, it is True that the delete cache errors do appear when I use 3rd paty tool such as footprint and volume profile. But, please answer2 simple questions -

1) Why does it only happen when I'm using those tools with Uni Renko? as I said earlier, this has never happened when I use Rangebars, candlestick or tick charts.

2) Why does the "delete cache" error disappear when I'm replicating the same settings after 1-2 hours post session start? The chart works fine with Uni Renko Tick data enabled + footprint + volume profile + break at eod disabled?

Looking at point 2 I'm of the opinion that it has something to do with Unirenko only. I've spoken to Mzpack ( they're also a registered ecosystem vendors) and they said that they had nothing to do with this.

I'm sorry I didn't understand this line -

So to confirm, you are not getting the historical tick data from the connection and you have instead imported this from a text file?
        This is likely the cause of the data not loading as expected. Are using a specific time range over the imported historical tick data and not on a real-time chart?

Thanks
        Taran
        Last edited by Taransingh; 05-16-2023, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Hello Taran,

To answer those questions I need to know the exact line of code causing the error, which requires debugging the script.
          Unfortunately, I cannot provide an answer as I am not able to reproduce the error and investigate. No error message is appearing on my end when not using 3rd party indicators.

At this time I have not tested at the open of a session and I have not tested using 100, 300, 500, as I have just confirmed the error message cannot be reproduced without those specific parameters and cannot be reproduced with any other set of parameters. There must be something special about these specific parameters that has to be involved if only those specific parameters can reproduce.

Note, I do not have a data feed with support of the instrument you are using, so I am testing with the ES 06-23.

I have inquired what connection you are connected to. You have stated that are are getting historical data from Accelpix.com, implying that you are not connected to a connection and that you are loading historical tick data from an imported text file. This likely means you do not have up-to-date historical tick data and there are gaps in the data. When connecting to a connection that provides the historical data from the connection, like Kinetick, and has the data available for the time range, I would not expect any gaps. Kinetick has historical tick data for the previous 8 days during market hours, and up to 180 days outside of market hours.
          Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Chelsea,

Here's a quick update - I've solved the issue after doing some research and all I had to do was disable "Get Data from Server"under "Market Data" option. Everything is working fine and it's been 3 days without a delete cache error. Contrary to your previous information - Unirenko is Tick replay compatible and I'm using Footprint and Volume profile as usual. All issues are now solved.

Thanks,
            Taran

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
            14 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post aligator  
            Started by Jimmyk, 01-26-2018, 05:19 AM
            6 responses