Zlsma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zlsma

Looking for a ZLSMA Indicator if their is such MA that has been made for NT8 ?

Hello BigRay,

Thanks for your post.

I do not know of an existing ZLSMA indicator for NinjaTrader 8, however, you may search the Ecosystem User App Share for a possible existing solution.

Ecosystem User App Share: https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/user-app-share/

This forum thread will also be open for community members to share their insights.

Let me know if I may assist further.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by BigRay View Post
      Looking for a ZLSMA Indicator if their is such MA that has been made for NT8 ?

You may be able to get what you are looking for by

1) Using the ZLEMA() indicator.
      2) Wrapping the ZLEMA around a SMA.. code ZLEMA(SMA(4),4);
      3) Wrapping the SMA around a ZLEMA .. code SMA(ZLEMA(4), 3);

Hedge

Comment

So I have gotten about as far as i can with my ZLSMA, I have the indicator created, but their must be a problem with the mathematical equation ? Here is a snip of 100 zlsma.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by BigRay; 05-13-2023, 09:35 PM.

Comment

You're looping backwards through the prices, doing what looks like an EMA-like calculation of your series in the wrong order so it's just propagating the current price backwards, which is why your graph looks like a line-on-close. You may want to review the code for @EMA.cs to see how EMAs usually work - they don't loop because they include, basically, all of the data to decreasing extents as you consider further back. They do this by having one weight alpha for the current bar's value and 1 - alpha weight for "everything else" which is equal to the previous calculation; ergo, no need to loop backward to do an EMA - just need to remember the previous bar's calculated value. Further, although you're looping backward to assign zlsma[i] you're never referring to anything but zlsma[0].
          Last edited by QuantKey_Bruce; 05-14-2023, 04:43 AM.
          Bruce DeVault
          QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

Not fully understanding just yet i forwarded this code i got, hopefully my guy can figure out, or someone from the forum can help.

thanks,
            Attached Files

Comment

ChatGPT doesn't really generate valid NinjaScript code, but it gives you some idea of what you might need to do if you ignore the actual code it generated and just focus on the ideas you'll need to code There's a bunch of extra junk in there. You'd be better off to just write it than to use ChatGPT because 90% of the battle is figuring out all the stuff it made up or put in there because it "looks good" but doesn't have anything to do with the problem - like those extra series for instance.
              Bruce DeVault
              QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
              NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

Hello BigRay,

Thanks for your note.

From our experience at this time, ChatGpt is not quite adequate to generate valid compilable NinjaScripts that function as the user has intentioned. We often find that the generated code will call non-existent properties and methods, use improper classes or inheritance, and may have incorrect logic. We highly encourage that you create a new NinjaScript yourself using the NinjaScript Editor, and use the code generated by ChatGpt as more as suggestions and guide when coding the script yourself, than using the actual code generated.

While It would not be within our support model to correct these scripts at user request, we would be happy to provide insight for any direct specific inquiries you may have if you would like to create this script yourself. Our support is able to assist with finding resources in our help guide as well as simple examples, and we are happy to assist with guiding you through the debugging process to assist you with understanding unexpected behavior.

You can also contact a professional NinjaScript Consultant who would be eager to create or modify this script at your request or assist you with your script. The NinjaTrader Ecosystem has affiliate contacts who provide educational as well as consulting services. If you would like a list of affiliate consultants who would be happy to create this script or any others at your request or provide one on one educational services you could browse the NinjaTrader Ecosystem link below.

NinjaTrader Ecosystem: https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/search-results/?

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
                Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Haiasi, 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Massinisa  
                Started by Creamers, Today, 05:32 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes