X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Open Range Indicator Range Times Issue

NinjaTrader_ChelseaB, GreenTrades

Hi,

The OpenRange indicator works only for the default range setting at 9:30 - 9:45 Eastern time. It will not work when these times are changed to 6:30 - 6:45 for Pacific Time. Any ideas, perhaps a modification?

Thanks.

Hello aligator,

Is the indicator in question one from the public user app share? If so can you provide a link to the specific item you are asking about?
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jesse View Post
      Hello aligator,

Is the indicator in question one from the public user app share? If so can you provide a link to the specific item you are asking about?
      Yes, It was uploaded by ChelseaB and GreenTrades a few days ago. Here are the links:

Download from the User App Share here: https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/user-app-share-download/opening-range-indicator-2/

Thanks.

Comment

Hello aligator,

Thanks for providing that link. It looks like the user GreenTrades made and uploaded this script. If it has some logical problem, for example if the input properties don't work to change the times, you would need to private message GreenTrades to let them know about the problem. They would then make any changes and re submit the changed indicator to the app share so that can get updated.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jesse View Post
          Hello aligator,

Thanks for providing that link. It looks like the user GreenTrades made and uploaded this script. If it has some logical problem, for example if the input properties don't work to change the times, you would need to private message GreenTrades to let them know about the problem. They would then make any changes and re submit the changed indicator to the app share so that can get updated.

Thanks Jesse. I already did use "@" in first post to notify GreenTrades of the issue.

Just a question for you Jesse: Can one directly upload indicators to the public user app share without a first review by NT Support? Seems like that is the case with this indicator. In the past, all the uploads were reviewed and posted by NT Support.

Thanks

Comment

Hello aligator,

There is no way to directly upload to the app share, the forum file sharing section is used for that review process. The general process is that you post the file in the filesharing section which is posted in a waiting state until approved or denied by a forum admin. The posts in that forum are then used for creating a user app share page. The review process is mainly just to confirm the file is NinjaScript source code and does not contain anything bad like a dll as an example. We don't provide any kind of testing of the scripts code so if there are logical problems that will exist in the script that gets uploaded until fixed by the user.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I keep all my charts on ET (thou that is not my timezone) as most traders suggest to do. So I have only tested the indicators in the ET.

I am working on a new version to handle time shifts better. Someone else requested support for a range spanning over a date change (9pm - 2am). I will let you know once there is a new release.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenTrades View Post
                Thanks for the feedback. I keep all my charts on ET (thou that is not my timezone) as most traders suggest to do. So I have only tested the indicators in the ET.

I am working on a new version to handle time shifts better. Someone else requested support for a range spanning over a date change (9pm - 2am). I will let you know once there is a new release.
                GreenTrades Appreciate the Robert Anderson version you posted in the Ecosystem. It is a good visual. May I request you output the values to the databox so Strategy Builder could try using the values in a strategy. Thank you in advance for your efforts.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
                5 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Bidder
                by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
                4 responses
                0 likes