Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time markers for non-time based charts?

Hello,

Does anyone know of a indicator that shows elected time interval markers on a non-time based chart (Renko, tick, etc.)?

Here's what I mean (see image) for a tick chart with 10 minute intervals. For the slow volume periods like 6p to 7p, for example, the time markers are tight. But, during the high volume times, the time markers are spread out. NOTE: I didn't manually plot the lines from about 7p to 9:30a (that is, the overnight).

Click image for larger version

Name:	Non-time based charts time markers.png
Views:	123
Size:	248.5 KB
ID:	1237791

I can code this but before I make the effort, just want to check with the community. Doing a web search did not result in anything similar to the image.

Thanks!
    Matt

I should add... There are similar posts here requesting seeing both a tick/Renko chart together with a time chart, in some form or another. You can have two Data Series in the same chart on different panels. However, the time-based panel will determine the visible/graphical interval on the screen. Doing so, will cause the other chart (tick/Renko) to look completely distorted making the tick/Renko chart mostly useless.

Therefore, I think an indicator like the one (manually drawn) above would be useful.

Look forward to your feedback... Thanks!

Matt

Comment

Hello Matt,

Thanks for your post.

It seems like you are looking for an existing indicator that accomplishes this so I have moved this thread to the NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion section of the forums.

That said, I am not aware of an existing indicator that does specifically what you described.

You may consider searching the Ecosystem User App Share for a possible solution.

Ecosystem User App Share: https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/user-app-share/

This forum thread will also be open for other community members to share their insights on an existing solution.

Please let me know if I may assist further.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
      Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
      168 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post sidlercom80  
      Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
      3 responses
      0 likes