Rectangle Tool - Extendable from all sides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rectangle Tool - Extendable from all sides

Topic to discuss recommended modifications to submitted application.

Milton Menendez requested to add a line right between the LeftAnchor and the RigthAnchor, just to make a 50% division, and that it is editable.

Perhaps I could add a property to enable the line and then the user could enter the percent amount they would like the line between high/low that defaults to 50%.

I will also look into adding an property dialog option to automatically extend rectangle to the right as new bars are added to the chart.

Originally posted by tickets2themoon View Post
    Topic to discuss recommended modifications to submitted application.

Milton Menendez requested to add a line right between the LeftAnchor and the RigthAnchor, just to make a 50% division, and that it is editable.

Perhaps I could add a property to enable the line and then the user could enter the percent amount they would like the line between high/low that defaults to 50%.

I will also look into adding an property dialog option to automatically extend rectangle to the right as new bars are added to the chart.
    You couldn't have described it better, those options you indicate are also quite good.

I will be anxiously waiting for the improvements, greetings.​

Comment

Hi tickets2themoon​,

Thanks for writing this indicator:
      https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...rom-all-sides/

Unfortunately, I cannot open the zip file upon downloading, nor can I import it into NT8.

When I open the downloaded zip file, I get the error: Windows cannot open the folder. The path to the Compressed (zipped) Folder '.... .zip' contains characters that prevent its extraction: -

When I import into NT8, I get the error: Unhandled exception: End of Central Directory record could not be found

Appreciate any assistance.
      Last edited by Rainmakersg; 02-21-2023, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rainmakersg View Post
        Hi tickets2themoon​,

Unfortunately, I cannot open the zip file upon downloading, nor can I import it into NT8.

When I open the downloaded zip file, I get the error: Windows cannot open the folder. The path to the Compressed (zipped) Folder '.... .zip' contains characters that prevent its extraction: -

When I import into NT8, I get the error: Unhandled exception: End of Central Directory record could not be found

try with the attachment I just uploaded, delete the previous one
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Rainmakersg View Post
          Hi tickets2themoon​,

Sounds like there is an issue with the file path where the zip file is saved. Perhaps try saving it to a shorter directory (i.e. C:\NT8Imports) and see if the issue is resolved.

Comment

Originally posted by Milton Menendez View Post

try with the attachment I just uploaded, delete the previous one
            Hi Milton, thanks so much! It works!

Comment

Originally posted by tickets2themoon View Post

Sounds like there is an issue with the file path where the zip file is saved. Perhaps try saving it to a shorter directory (i.e. C:\NT8Imports) and see if the issue is resolved.
              Hi, tickets2themoon,

Milton's zip file above works, so it must be the filename. I suppose the dash in the original filename "Rectangle Tool – Extendable from all sides.zip" is causing the problems with the zip file.

I don't think it has anything to do with where it is saved, because for the original file name, the zip file cannot even be opened regardless of saved location. I see that you have updated the file in the download. Thanks so much

It is a nice drawing tool, exactly what I need. Really appreciate it!

Comment

Milton Menendez
                I have decided to leave the dividing line functionality out of this extendable rectangle. However I will develop a second tool that extends PriceLevels. This way you will have the same functionality as a Fibonacci Retracement drawn inside a rectangle. You will be able to add as many levels as you want inside the rectangle. I will also implement the separate shading levels like a Fib tool. Should be able to knock this out fairly quickly.

Creamers
                I’ll then look at creating a rectangle tool to calculate risk/reward with a movable dividing line / entry price.

Comment

hey tickets2themoon,

Were you able to add the PriceLevels functionality to the rectangle?​

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Tim-c, Today, 02:10 PM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                  Started by Taddypole, Today, 02:47 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Taddypole