X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone recognise this indicator?

Hi Everyone,

Can you recognise this indicator below?
    The four lines are the same indi, but set to 100, 300, 600 and 1200 periods. This is the only input parameter of the indi.
    (It may have relation to SMA).
    I try to find the NT8 equivalent of the indicator.

Thanks,
    Borsz
    Last edited by Borsz; 01-31-2023, 04:50 PM.

Hello Borsz,

Thank you for your post.

I do not recognize the indicator; were you the one who took the screenshot or do you know the person who captured the screenshot? Having more information about the chart in the screenshot could be helpful to understand the indicator better. Otherwise, this thread is open for any members of our forum community to chime in with their thoughts about what indicator it might be.

We have a list of system indicator information in the help guide here that might prove helpful:

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Emily,

Thank you for reply.
      I made the screenshot from MetaTrader4. It is a EURUSD chart, M15 timeframe, around from last Wednesday till Friday, last week.
      What else information do you think I can provide?

I appreciate your help.

Regards,
      Borsz

Comment

Here is another chart, crude oil futures, M15 timeframe.
        It is interesting that sometimes the lines can completely cover each other, although each has different setup.

Comment

Hello Borsz,

The name of the indicator in MetraTrader would be helpful. (As in what would you select in MetraTrader to add that to a chart?)

I also am not able to recognize the lines as a specific indicator, and our staff would not have any familiarity with MetraTrader scripts)

However, you can add 4 SMA indicator instances to a chart and set the periods of these to 100, 300, 600 and 1200. Would that be the desired outcome?

This thread will remain open for any community members to assist.
          Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Chelsea,

The name of the indicator is HT Multi, as seen on the screenshot - ...oh, I'm so sorry, the left side of the screenshot was missing. I attach two new screenshots.
            It must be a unique third party indicator, but I am quite sure it is a part/sub-part/combination of well-known standard indicator(s).

Thanks,
            Peter

Comment

Hello Peter,

Thank you for that information.

I tried to search on Google for any additional information about "HT Multi" and I also checked to see if I could find any other forum discussions about using this type of indicator in NinjaTrader, though I was not able to find any useful information. Based on your screenshots, it does appear that it is setting up four SMA indicators, which may be done manually in NinjaTrader as Chelsea described. What are the results after adding four SMAs with periods of 100, 300, 600, and 1200 onto your chart in NinjaTrader?

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
              Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by Borsz View Post
                Hi Everyone,

Can you recognise this indicator below?

Sort of looks like five NinjaTrader's default indicator "Momentum" 1) attached to the same dataseries but different lengths or one each attached to five different data series already added to the chart and then 2) all Momentum indicators are moved to the same panel.

Also could try in the same way NT8 indicators DMI, DM MFI, ROC, etc.

Hedge
                Last edited by hedgeplay; 02-02-2023, 06:18 PM.

Comment

NinjaTrader_Emily Hello Emily,
                  I tried 100/300/600/1200 perios SMA-s on the chart, but it gives totally different result, although the parameters of the indicator suggest it was based on SMAs.

hedgeplay Thanks a lot for you ideas. I tried all of it. Unfortunately none is the same.

One of the most interesting at this indicator that sometimes the indicator curves of different periods can perfectly cover each other. On the attached screenshot (Dax chart) the green and red (100 and 300 period) curves started to cover each other from the afternoon of 7 Febr, then red and blue (300 and 600 period) curves strated to cover each other, then blue and black (600 and 1200 period) curves coverred each other on 9th Febr.

Comment

Originally posted by Borsz View Post

hedgeplay Thanks a lot for you ideas. I tried all of it. Unfortunately none is the same.

One of the most interesting at this indicator that sometimes the indicator curves of different periods can perfectly cover each other. On the attached screenshot (Dax chart) the green and red (100 and 300 period) curves started to cover each other from the afternoon of 7 Febr, then red and blue (300 and 600 period) curves strated to cover each other, then blue and black (600 and 1200 period) curves covered each other on 9th Febr.
                    "One of the most interesting at this indicator that sometimes the indicator curves of different periods can perfectly cover each other."

That is unusual because usually similar indicators migrate toward the mean and overlap each other when the market is moving slowly and in decreased volatility but in your image this takes place when the market is moving fast and in high volatility.

Without a good description of the logic it is unlikely you will be able to replicate the indicator closely.

Hedge

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by DJ888, Today, 10:57 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post DJ888
                    by DJ888

Started by MacDad, 02-25-2024, 11:48 PM
                    7 responses