Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Screen freeze using UniRenko Universal Renko BarType 8 in latest NT8 Version 8.0.27.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screen freeze using UniRenko Universal Renko BarType 8 in latest NT8 Version 8.0.27.1

Since updating my NT8 Platform to v. 8.0.27.1....I am consistently getting screen freezes utilizing the UniRenko Universal Renko BarType 8. I have tried reinstalling the version as well as rebuilding the chart from scratch with no other indicators in the chart. Still the freeze happens consistently.

The error message in the trace file is :" Unhandled exception: Write lock may not be acquired with read lock held. This pattern is prone to deadlocks. Please ensure that read locks are released before taking a write lock. If an upgrade is necessary, use an upgrade lock in place of the read lock."

I am running :
    16 GB RAM
    Intel Core i7 CPU @2.5 GHz
    Win 10

Memory consumption at time of freezes was typically 39-40%

I have reinstalled the previous version of NT8 v 8.0.26.1 and it works fine as it has for 3 years.

​Any ideas?​

NinjaTrader_ChelseaB

Hello bfmurphy75,

Thank you for the message.

If the only thing that wasn't working as expected was the UniRenko Bar Type or the errors wouldn't appear until you applied the UniRenko Bar type, then you will need to reach out to the developers of that add-on and ask them why this is happening and what needs to be done to avoid it moving forward.

If they are unsure of why the errors are happening, then they could reach out directly to the Engineering Support team for help looking into the root cause and once they find it, they could reach back out to you and share that information.

If this behavior was happening with just the Default NinjaTrader Platform and Indicators, then we would want to look into this further.

Please let us know if we may provide any further assistance.
    Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Clayton G

NinjaTrader_ChelseaB​ is listed on the download page for the UniRenko 8 Bar Type. I'm new to the forum and I don't actually see how I could contact this person...assuming this person is the developer.

Comment

Hello bfmurphy75,

Thanks for reporting.

I will do some testing and I will let you know what I find.
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Chelsea B.

Let me know if I can send you any files. I saved a bunch of trace files that each capture what is happening when the screen freezes.

Brian

Comment

Hello Brian,

I've run a chart with only the UniRenko bar type for about an hour and did not experience any freezing and the CPU usage is barely registering.

Attached is a screenshot.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-01-26_9-30-46.png
Views:	560
Size:	156.7 KB
ID:	1232842

I would like you to create a new testing environment.

Then download the UniRenko bar type again from the User App Share so we can ensure you are using the latest release.
            (Update March 11th, 2020 – Fix for TickReplay, calculates values if bar object is mid-session and have not been calculated as least once) This is a conversion of the UniRenko ‐ Universal Renko BarType developed and originally coded for the NinjaTrader 7 platform by monpere. Please contact the original author for any questions or comments. […]

Next, setup a connection to the data feed in the new environment and connect, import the bar type, open the NinjaScript Utilization Monitor, and test on a new chart.

Last, once you are able to reproduce the behavior, take a screenshot of the Utilization monitor as well as the Windows Task Manager and post the screenshot with your next reply.

Comment

Hi Chelsea

I'll resume testing next week as I want to finish the week trading with the later version. I'll follow the directions for setting up a separate testing environment and let you know how it goes.

Comment

Hello, new here, first time complainer. I 'm glad I found bfmurphy75's post. I too am having the same issue with my charts freezing using Unirenko bars. I've stripped my charts down to just Unirenko bars and a MacD which is a NinjaTrader product. I've gone to having 3 charts open down to 1. For me it seems on higher numerical settings the chart freezes less often but on a lower numerical setting it's much more frequent. I'm watching MNQ or NQ chart but they will both freeze. My old pc everything worked fine ( 5 years old). I bought a new pc, I5, 32 gigs, 500 gig SSD drive plus I updated Ninjatrader 8 with the latest update. Since then, for the past 2+ weeks my charts freeze. Sometimes they go an hour no issues, I go get a coffee and my charts are frozen. To unfreeze I have to shut down Ninjatrader plus I have to shutdown my pc. Even when Ninjatrader seems closed on my pc, if I try to open it without doing a total restart, Ninjatrader says it's still open.

Comment

Hello Oddball1942,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

May I confirm all workspaces but this one are closed in the Workspaces menu?

May I confirm you have one chart open and you do not have multiple charts open?

May I confirm there are no indicators applied to the chart and only this one script is being tested?

May I confirm you are using 8.1.1.1?

Comment

Hello,
                    I believe it's 8.1.1.1. I just reinstalled NinjaTrader several weeks ago. I would like to clarity several things if it helps. Originally when I posted, everything was closed except for 1 chart using Unirenko Bars plus a standard MacD that was included with the NT8 platform, nothing else. The Chart that freezes is either the NQ or the MNQ. For whatever reason the UniRenko seems to work fine with MES or ZB chart. The MES and ZB charts have a number of other indicators running with UniRenko and they are just fine, not a single freeze. Right now I have MES running on a UniRenko 1 setting, thinking the freeze had something to do with volume and price changes but it's working fine. IF I switched the chart to NQ or MNQ, my chart would freeze in 30- to a 90 seconds at that setting. ( neither setting is one I would normally use but I wanted to see where the breaking point was for the other contracts. However, before with my older pc, I never once had a chart freeze on me and my settings have not changed from the older to the newer pc. Lastly, if I load one of my templates with anything other than UniRenko, ticks, seconds, volume, range etc. they all work fine.
                    Thanks

Comment

Hello Oddball1942,

Thank you for confirming you are only testing this script with all other charts, workspaces, and other scripts such as indicators closed.

The freeze is happening after the chart has fully loaded historical data and has been making bars in real-time, correct? (As in you are not considering the amount of time to load historical data as the freeze, correct?)

I would like to schedule a call with you so that I may observe the behavior.

Please send an email to scriptingsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com. In the email add Attn Chelsea 03664755 in the subject line, and a link to this forum thread in the body.

Comment

Hi ChelseaB: I've returned with the same screen freezing issue we discussed in January. I had to go back to Version 8026 in order to trade without freezing as it is my source of income. With the new requirement issued that we need to get upgraded or risk being disconnected...I upgraded to 8.1116 yesterday and very quickly started having the same screen freeze. It happened as it has in the past when I am using a simple ATM that has a Stop Loss and a Target Entry.

I have recreated the TEST ENVIRONMENT you suggested back then and am testing a Renko Chart ...adding indicators 1 by 1 as I go along and don't experience any screen freeze. I'll post the screen shot you suggested when I can produce the screen freeze.

Comment

NinjaTrader_ChelseaB
                          NinjaTrader_ChrisL
                          bobperez

Hi ChelseaB

I've been testing nonstop the last 3 days. I created the environment you suggested but after taking screen shot after screen shot...it all looked exactly the same when my screen froze and when it wasn't frozen ....I did find out something interesting:

1. I completely stripped the Unirenko chart of any add - ons or indicators except the Unirenko bar. The screen still froze. Now get this...I replaced the Unirenko Bar with a NinzaRenko bar. The screen still froze.
                          2. The only thing consistent about the freeze is that I ALWAYS get the Error Message: " Unhandled exception: Write lock may not be acquired with read lock held. This pattern is prone to deadlocks. Please ensure that read locks are released before taking a write lock. If an upgrade is necessary, use an upgrade lock in place of the read lock."
                          3. Also, these freezes took place whether a trade was on or not and also whether the market was moving quickly or not.
                          4. I replaced the Unirenko bar with a 2 minute candle stick WITH ALL MY THIRD PART INDICATORS. The screen never froze for hours.

So back to when this all started.
                          1. The last 4-5 years, I have used multiple versions of Ninjatrader 8...always updating....using all my 3rd party indicators + Renko bars, right up until Version 8026(last version to work). When I tried to install version 8027...I got the screen freezes with the "Unhandled Exception" Error message..exact same message. This was back in January.
                          2. I gave up trying to get any version past 8026 to work and continued to use 8026.
                          3. I have now been trying to run 8.1.1.6 and doing all this testing. Same exact issues as when I tried to get 8027 working.

I think I've determined that it isn't any 3rd party indicator causing the problem...as my screen froze with NO indicators except the the Unirenko Bar or the NinzaRenko bar.

Do you have any suggestions that could help me solve this. The Renko Bars are a key part of my trading method.

Comment

NinjaTrader_ChelseaB

Hi Chelsea: Here is a screen shot this afternoon of a freeze with info you requested.
                            Attached Files

Comment

NinjaTrader_ChelseaB

Here is another screen shot taken immediately upon freeze.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post bmartz
                              by bmartz

Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
                              4 responses