Titles of indicators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Titles of indicators

I request all indicators creators to put a very clear TITLE to their indicator that describes what it is and that also will make it list in alphabetical order in the indicator list.
    For example don't use an abbreviation like SMA but rather use SIMPLE MOVING AVERAGE.

Also when you describe your indicator in the Ninjatrader Ecosystem, please include exactly WHAT IT WILL BE CALLED when installed.
    I install many indicators and there is no sign of them in my list.

Additionally, I request NT to put all indicators into folder in the list by category, such as Moving Averages, Volume, etc.
    And MOST USED INDICATORS should be another folder.
    Gratitude

Hello mattcrown,

For items that you import and have the source code for you can use the NinjaScript editor to manage the files or rename them how you see fit. It would otherwise be up to the developer of the item to name it as they wish, if it does not appear how you want in the platform you would need to customize it to meet your needs.

The internal items cannot be changed or moved around into sub folders. The internal indicators are used in a lot of third party items and also within the platform. Moving these items to sub folders would change their namespace and would break most internal and importable scripts.

There are no specific "tags" or metrics associated with scripts in the platform to be able to sort them in any other way besides by name. The platform does not track how much each indicator is used to know it was most used. The only metric would be the amount of downloads an item has on the public app share. Ultimately it will be up to you to know if that item is going to be helpful or not with your personal goals so using a download count can be irrelevant.

If you need more information about an item or need to know what category/type of indicator it is you would need to learn about the indicator by using online resources. Many indicators are abbreviations of long named concepts so using a short name like SMA is preferable so it can easily be found in the platforms list. You can read about each of the internal indicators in the following page:

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by poplagelu, Today, 05:00 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post poplagelu  
    Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
    5 responses
    0 likes