Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop Loss & Profit Target From Entry Signal

Dear All

Merry Christmas & All The Best For 2023!

I consider having done enough research, I cannot trace a thread with a solution to my issue, therefore, I am sending this post (many apologies should this be already dealt with, kindly send me corresponding link).

I am using the Stops & Targets tab from the strategy builder for my strategy's stop losses & profit targets (strategy calculates on bar close), using for values inputs from the Inputs & Variable tab. Strategy is using market orders for opening positions. While back testing (and strategy cannot perform otherwise, of course), strategy is using the close price of the entry signal for offsetting the stop losses and the profit targets, when trading live, strategy is using the entry price for offsetting the stop losses and the profit targets, which price often is different to the close price of the entry signal due to slippage. Can you please guide me, using a variable for storing the closing price of the entry signal & my little programming experience, how can I change that and, when live trading, strategy to use the closing price of the entry signal for offsetting the stop losses and the profit targets instead of the entry price?

Thank you in advance

Regards
    Nik​

Hello Nik,

Note that the Set methods in the Strategy Builder cannot use dynamic values. Use exit orders instead.

Below are links to examples.

Hello support team, I have 2 dataseries, a 1minute to detect the ATR value. Now I would like to set the stoploss and profit target based on the actual ATR Value Example: Stoploss 2xATR Profittarget 3xATR value 1. How can this be done with builder, I have no coding experience 2. Later I would like to have the possibility to
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
    5 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Bidder
    by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
    4 responses