Initial Balance / Opening Range with extensions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FutureDragon View Post

Can I contribute? A couple of things: second level time, default session time based on local time zone.
    Certainly! If you're familiar with github, please feel free to create a branch and contribute away!

Comment

aligator says:
      Another suggestion is to provide an option for not showing historical IBs to minimize chart clutter.
      Working on it - thanks for your suggestion aligator!

Comment

Is there a need for the declaration: using Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices;
        This does not compile on my machine and it doesn't appear to have any references.

If I comment out this line the code compiles however it does take quite some time to calculate.

Comment

Originally posted by tickets2themoon View Post
          Is there a need for the declaration: using Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices;
          This does not compile on my machine and it doesn't appear to have any references.

If I comment out this line the code compiles however it does take quite some time to calculate.
          tickets2themoon, thanks for pointing out that unused declaration. It has been removed. I need to remember to use the Remove and Sort Usings on VS more often
          Updated: https://github.com/OrderFlowTools/In...lance-v1.0.zip

Comment

Originally posted by gemify View Post

tickets2themoon, thanks for pointing out that unused declaration. It has been removed. I need to remember to use the Remove and Sort Usings on VS more often
            Updated: https://github.com/OrderFlowTools/In...lance-v1.0.zip
            Hello thanks for uploading the update. we did a step forward now I can install it, ninja load it, but when I click Apply and after Ok the script freeze the window stuck at "Calculating..."....any tips?

Comment

Thanks for the github gemify worked great. I was wondering if it would be possible to have the text on the right hand side? Obviously as the day progresses would still be good to see what each line relates to etc. Thanks

Comment

Great indicator! I use something similar on tradingview as an autobot - if this was converted to a similar strategy with the TP/SL that would be outstanding.. I get around 85% on ES 5min chart with the one on Tradinview https://www.tradingview.com/script/Q...-Trend-System/

Comment

Also guys be careful that Ninja trader display the closing time of the candles, so if we want for example an Opening range in a 5m chart, we need to set the start at 9:35 - 10:30, because we want to calculate the High from 9:30 onward, and the 9:35 is indeed the candle that starts at 9:30. and the candle shown as 10:30 is indeed the candle that close at 10:30

Comment

Hey gemify this indicator is exactly what I've been looking for!

Since NinjaTrader timestamps at candle close I think the 30 second opening range high and low values are slightly off. Today 3/24/23 the 30 second opening range high was 3963.5 on ES but the indicator is showing 3964. I am not good at programming but I tried digging into the code and unfortunately couldn't solve it, multiple errors later... If you could help out that would be well appreciated.

Comment

Hello, I was successful in installing indicator but if anyone can help me out, I am trying to use indicator with ZB instrument. Not sure which time frame I am to adjust for opening range for the ZB. Central Time, Thank you gemify, this indicator works great!

Comment

Has anyone been able to get the values to work in a strategy? I can select them, but the strategy doesn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by MrDarin View Post
                          Has anyone been able to get the values to work in a strategy? I can select them, but the strategy doesn't work.
                          I tried to use this in a strategy and couldn't get it to work correctly either.

gemify The indicator will not display when I try to change the time into the 8am hour. The first version works fine but the newer one does not.​
                          Last edited by guyonabuffalo; 04-04-2023, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Anyone has been able to make it works.

What is the proper time frame (1 min, 5min ?)

Not working NinjaTrader version 8.0.28.0 64 bit

gemify do you have any idea why it is not working ? Thank you very very much !

Comment

Updated version (v1.1) is available here: https://github.com/OrderFlowTools/In...lance-v1.1.zip
                              See release notes here: https://github.com/OrderFlowTools/In...eases/tag/v1.1
                              • Updated to calculate and render IB based on Ninjatrader's bar timestamp idiosyncrasy.
                              • New option to render current IB only.
                              • Optional price markers (IBHigh, IBLow etc) on right edge of screen.
                              • Exposed IB values as indicator properties that can be used in strategies.

Comment

There have been a few questions about how to use the indicator in a strategy. Here are some notes on this:

- It is best to use the indicator in scripted form (It hasn't been tested using the strategy wizard)
                                - In the Configure state in the strategy code, add a 30-second data series for the indicator. The indicator uses this data series for it's calculations.
                                - Create the indicator instance and make sure to invoke the Update() call on the indicator instance.
                                - For entry/exit logic, the indicator exposes the following:
                                - IsIBComplete
                                - IsORComplete
                                - IBHigh
                                - IBLow
                                - SessionMid
                                - ORHigh
                                - ORLow
                                - IBX1Upper / IBX1Lower
                                - IBX2Upper / IBX2Lower
                                - IBX3Upper / IBX3Lower

Here's an example of how to use the indicator in a strategy with some additional inline notes: IBTestStrategy.cs
                                Last edited by gemify; 06-13-2023, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by benmarkal, Yesterday, 12:52 PM
                                3 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                                Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
                                1 response
                                0 likes
                                Last Post sarafuenonly123