5 Set sequence for BreakEven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 Set sequence for BreakEven

Need help with Target in the sequence. I have the entry, initial stop distance, break even +1, working well.

Right now, target is closing on next bars open instead of # of ticks away. I'm in the set 5 for that.
    Replay was acting up, a continued buy sell buy sell, but just as I recorded it just now it stopped.
    Every other time I had to close NT to get it to stop since last night.

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

I intended to put all on one video & accidentally closed out first video, had to make 2nd one.
    Both very short.
    Last edited by trdninstyle; 10-28-2022, 10:10 AM.

Hi trdninstyle, thanks for posting. I do not see the strategy code or builder screen shots anywhere. Can you Export the strategy you are using and post it here?

Kind regards,
    -ChrisL
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Here's what I know how to do, how would I export the strategy so u can see it?

In set 5 yesterday I added an additional line for target in the upper part then removed it and I discovered it had the same result, closing on next bar no matter bull bar or bear bar.
      Did the videos come thru? I did fail to show the strategy code, I was going to then I forgot. I was dragged away to do some electric work.

I understand that the loop cannot be interrupted in the 5-set sequence for it all to work. It's just a matter of making things work within that framework.
      It's similar to programmable logic controls.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by trdninstyle; 10-28-2022, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Hi, thanks for your reply. You can export scripts through Tools>Export>NinjaScript Addon. No need though, I can see the issue from your screen shot. The Set 5 is submitting a market order so you should set that to ExitLongLimit() instead and specify a price above the AverageEntry/Latest Close price.

Kind regards,
        -ChrisL

Comment

I set that to ExitLongLimit() but is it still in set 5 that I specify a price above AverageEntry/Latest Close price?
          I guess it has to be the other sets are all being used. How do I arrive there? Thru Misc then thru one of those 4 areas?

In Set 4 I have for breakeven+1, StopPrice = (Position.AveragePrice + (1 * TickSize));
          Set 3 is for InitialStopDistance.
          Set 2 is the entry criteria,
          Set 1 starts it all over again.

I exported my script for the sake of doing it. I'm not technically savvy so it took me literally over an hour to find the file thru the Upload attachment way.
          I easily had it thru the file off my pc but couldn't get there the other way, finally I did.

Thank you. Sorry it took so long to get back. I can wait until Monday.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi, thanks for your reply. Please note that the time I can spend helping to debug or develop custom scripts must be limited. The best way to know why an order is submitted enabled TraceOrders in the General settings and use Print on all values used in the condition that submits the order, including labels for all values and comparison operators. See here for a brief guide on using Print:

If you want to know what ExitLongLimit() does, look in the help guide here:

Kind regards,
            -ChrisL

Comment

I'm not asking you to do the work for me. Just give me some guidance to a question.

Within the ExitLongLimit() where would I specify my target price exactly? It's still in set 5, right?

I know u said above the AverageEntry/Latest Close but I see that in set 4 where my stop price is located.
              StopPrice = (Position.AveragePrice + (1 * TickSize)); (Unless I place target there also?)

I'm not at a debugging stage yet.

Comment

Hi trdninstyle, thanks for your reply. Please look at the documentation for ExitLongLimit() this shows you that it takes a price parameter, that is the price of your target order.

Kind regards,
                -ChrisL​

Comment

I understand u may not be allowed to really answer my question but in my 2nd pic I need to have a variable like in the pic?

The 1st pic this was already happening yesterday, I don't understand what to do with that.

3rd pic I have it like this. ExitLongLimit(Convert.ToInt32((Position.AveragePri ce + (40 * TickSize)) ), 0, "", @"entry");
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi trdninstyle, thanks for your reply. The "InitialStopDistance" variable is set to -40 by default when the minimum is defined as 5. The ExitLongLimit price you have posted here will place the order 40 ticks above the average entry price.

Kind regards,
                    -ChrisL

Comment

I thought that was minutes not minimum, I'll make that match then & that will fix that. Thank you very much, u don't know how much I appreciate that. Thank u so much!

The other one then, yes, I do need to have a variable to go with my profit target in the inputs & variable, otherwise it won't work. I'm gathering that answer.
                      I'm still getting the same result from p o s t Home. 1

Above average price? I would want above entry price.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by trdninstyle; 10-31-2022, 12:33 PM.

Comment

It really does matter who a person gets I was spoiled by Emily she was very good and actually helped me. Dude you were very kind this past Friday but now u just give me the instruction manual to read. Well, you just keep your stinking instruction manual. Close this ticket!!

I'm done here.

Comment

Hi trdninstyle, I do apologize but I did let you know that we will not be able to help with every step of the development process. We have many resources and pre-made examples that can be used to study and gain skills in using the builder.

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...on_builder.htm - condition builder examples

Kind regards,
                          -ChrisL

Comment

Sorry for my rant I was frustrated, I take it back. In that input I realized I need to make the Min -999 not 5 then I won't get that pop up. I looked at the example again and saw it.

Comment

I don't know if you can address this or not, but when I'm in replay it continuously triggers orders until I disconnect & reconnect live feed but still repeats it until it's finished.

It's probably figure it out on your own territory I know. I asked about this way up in my first question so at least we are still in the same topic.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Philippe56140, Today, 02:35 PM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Philippe56140  
                              Started by 00nevest, Today, 02:27 PM
                              0 responses
                              1 view