Imbalance or Fair Value gap Indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imbalance or Fair Value gap Indicator

Does anyone have an indicator that shows an Imbalance or Fair Value gap? I'm not a programmer and I have no idea how to program an indicator to work with NT8 platform software.
    I do have the code from another source.

Much appreciate it if you can help me.

Thanks
    Rob​

Hello Robertoxgiam,

Thank you for your post.

I'm not seeing anything on our publicly available User App Share, but you can certainly try your own search there:

There may also be something available through a 3rd party developer. I'm not aware of anything nor could I recommend any specific vendor, but I'll leave this open in case any of our users care to chime in.

If you have the code for another platform, it's likely possible to have that converted to NinjaScript so it could be used in NinjaTrader. You can contact one of our professional NinjaScript Consultants or Educators who would be eager to create or modify a script at your request. Please let me know if you would like a list of professional NinjaScript Consultants or Educators who would be happy to create or modify any script at your request or even assist you in learning NinjaScript.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Kate,
      Thank you for the reply.
      Can you please supply me with a list of NinjaScript Consultants or Educators who can assist me in creating this indicator?

Thanks
      Rob

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

You can search our list of NinjaScript consultants through the link below. Simply enter a consultant name or search by using our filter categories. Once you have identified your consultants of choice, please visit each consultant's site for more information or contact them directly to learn more:
        You can locate the contact information for the consultants on their direct websites for any additional questions you may have. Since these consultants are third-party services for NinjaTrader, all pricing and support information will need to be obtained through the consultant.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The companies and services listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem, LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Let me know if I may be of further assistance.
        Thomas C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hey Robertoxgiam, I created a simple version of ICT's FVG here:

Simple implementation of The Inner Circle Trader’s (ICT – http://theinnercircletrader.com) Fair Value Gap (FVG). I couldn’t find an NT8 implementation and so figured I’d share. The indicator has the following parameters: Max Lookback Bars This is the maximum number of prior bars to use for FVG detection. Defaults to 500. ATR Period The indicator uses […]

Hope this helps.

Comment

Hi gemify, I have downloaded your indicator, which is great.​ I am finding that it repainting is frustrating though, as it is overestimating profitability when back testing. Is it possible to modify the indicator, so that when price moves past the gap level, instead of removing the level, it just finishes the level (the same as it looks when it starts the level). Then we will be able to backtest, without worrying about repainting issues.

Thanks!
            Mattnz

Comment

Hi Gemify, I also recently downloaded the indicator, Great work however is there a version that will remove the zone once the price violates the back of it versus it disappearing once another is made?

Comment

Hi Mattnz and JustinaM, please take a look at this discussion. Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but hopefully it helps.

Comment

Hi Gemify

Thank you for the update. Do you know when those updates will be applied and when we can download the new version?
                  Good work!!
                  Robert

Comment

Hi Robertoxgiam, the updated version is available in another thread - here.

Comment

Ok thanks for the update link Gemify

Comment

Thank you Gemify.. excellent work. I'll back-test it..

Comment

Originally posted by gemify View Post
                          Hey Robertoxgiam, I created a simple version of ICT's FVG here:

https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...value-gap-fvg/

Hope this helps.
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	39.5 KB ID:	1273080
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	81.8 KB ID:	1273082​any idea why fvgs from further back our not showing up on my 4 hour chart?​​(the one at the bottom, i drew on m y own.)
                          Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by Jimmyk, 01-26-2018, 05:19 AM
                          6 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post emuns
                          by emuns

Started by jxs_xrj, 01-12-2020, 09:49 AM
                          6 responses