Renko Strategy Stop Loss Defaults to 10 Ticks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Renko Strategy Stop Loss Defaults to 10 Ticks

Problem resolved as to how to set the ticks in the script but having problems with live trading. See below posts
    Last edited by EminiMES; 02-23-2022, 11:54 AM.

Hello EminiMES,

Thanks for your post.

The Renko Strategy from December 2019 Stocks and Commodities uses a trailing stop, and the distance is set by Ticks and is distanced based on what you provide for the input "Stop Loss Value" If you want to update the default, we would recommend making your own Strategy templates.

Strategy Templates - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help..._templates.htm

To change the quantity used with each trade [without editting the code,] you can change the "Order properties > Set order quantity" property to "Default quantity" and then enter the quantity you would like.

If you would want to make a version that uses an ordinary stop loss instead of a trailing stop, a good first step would be to copy the strategy (In the NinjaScript Editor > Open Strategy > Right Click > Save As) and then to have the copy use SetStopLoss instead of SetTrailStop.

If you are unfamiliar with C# ,you could use the Strategy Builder to set up a basic strategy using a Trail Stop and another using a plain Stop Loss. After clicking the View Code button, you may see how SetTrailStop and SetStopLoss are implemented and used.

SetStopLoss - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...etstoploss.htm

SetTrailStop - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ttrailstop.htm

Let us know if you have any additional questions.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jim....

I am using the Renko Strategy "as is".... I set the default number of contracts to 2 and i am using the trailing stop. In trading live I have had the number of contracts double to 4 on several instances when the strategy closes out a position either when the trailing stop hits or the direction changes from long to short etc.... It doesn't happen every time. Any suggestions? I also tried live without the trailing stop to see if that makes a difference and the same thing happened.

Comment

Attached is a copy of the script I am running.........
        Attached Files

Comment

Here are the settings I am using...........

Comment

Hello EminiMES,

The strategy specifically checks if it is in a flat position before submitting an Enter method, so I would not expect a situation where the Enter and and Exit are called on the same bar where we would see a reversal occur with additional contracts entered.

Also, since you have Trailing Stop unchecked, the trailing stop would not be used, and I would not expect a trailing stop to interfere with a hard exit.

When you check the Orders tab of the Control Center, and Executions tab of the Control Center, what specific orders are executed that put the strategy into the unexpected position?

Understanding the specific orders that were submitted (and the order methods that submit them) will be needed to make any adjustments.

If you can note Order ID's and specific times for the orders involved that lead to the unexpected position, you can email me your log and trace files and I could better see how those orders would have submitted, and may be able to give you further suggestions. Please email me at scriptingsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com with the text "Attn Jim 3496163" Please also include a link to this thread.

Sending Log and Trace files

Please follow the steps below to email your log and trace files
            • Open your NinjaTrader folder under My Documents.
            • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
            • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to an email to me
            • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post burtoninlondon  
            Started by AaronKoRn, Yesterday, 09:49 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes