Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Experience severe issue with data flow to chart

https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...ty-pivots-nt8/

I have a chart on MNQ that I use daily for many months with a min of indicators it runs on a renko type bars, when I apply the above indicator causes severe lag of data flow to this chart

currently today with my chart open all night the current data showing on my chart is about 2 hours behind current time

(I also have a similar chart on WYNN that was about 30 minutes behind

IS ANYONE ELSE EXPEREINCE THIS OR CAN SUPPORT REPLICATE

THANKS

Update, I can not even mouse over the chart with cross hairs or right click to access indicators applied etc
    Last edited by DTSSTS; 02-08-2022, 11:27 AM. Reason: Update

Hello DTSSTS,

Thanks for your post.

When testing the indicator from the User App Share page you shared on a 4 Renko MNQ 03-22 chart I am seeing a lag occur.

It seems that the lag is caused by the number of drawing objects being created by the script. When commenting out the drawing objects in the script I no longer see a lag occur.

Something you could consider is reaching out to the developer of this indicator and suggesting that they modify the script to use SharpDX to custom render the drawing objects in OnRender instead of calling Drawing methods such as Draw.Rectangle.

As noted in our NinjaScript Best Practices help guide page, When using Draw methods, a new instance of the Draw object is created including its custom rendering and calculation logic. These methods are convenient in many situations, but can quickly introduce performance issues if used too liberally. In some situations, you may see better performance for rendering via SharpDX in OnRender().

See the 'Using DrawObjects vs custom graphics in OnRender' section of this help guide page: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...tm#Performance

Let us know if we may assist further.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have never been able to send a message to a developer? Maybe you could reach out and give him a note and a link to this post. -- Thanks

Also I could modify to NOT have the drawings so long as I can still access the plots if I want to use in a strategy, I do not want the same lag if applying a strategy to a group of symbols in the control center.

IS That possible?

It looks like just block code in the Visual Region, which looks to just be the labels of the lines, and 2 for the opacity of the Red and Green area

Thanks
      Last edited by DTSSTS; 02-08-2022, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Hello DTSSTS,

Thanks for your note.

You could message a developer by selecting Messages > Send New Message in the top right corner of the forums.

The developer's username could be found on the User App Share page you shared next to the 'Created by' field.

Yes, you could consider modifying the indicator yourself in a New > NinjaScript Editor window by commenting out any Drawing methods being used in the indicator. This will likely reduce the amount of resources used by the indicator while still allowing the indicator to plot values.

Comment

I did remove the drawings and plotting is not lagging today, I tried first to leave the Green and Red Opacity area, but that was still an issue, That may have be the biggest issue, But is working as needed with data today

Comment

General Questions about using this or other indicators with similar lag created by the drawings

If you use a Similar Drawings Stressed indicator in a Strategy, but load the strategy in the control Center and NOT on a chart. Will the data being calculated for the strategy be a similar lag on resources since your are not actually drawing on a Chart

Thanks

Comment

Hello DTSSTS,

Thanks for your note.

If you enable a strategy in the Strategies tab of the Control Center instead of on a chart then fewer resources would be used since the strategy would not be drawing objects on the chart. Since fewer resources are being used, the lag you are seeing may decrease.

Comment

I am really wanting to know if ALL lag being influenced by drawings does not occur when strategy is loaded in the Control Center

Comment

Hello DTSSTS,

Thanks for your note.

We would not be able to say for certain if all lag will be prevented by running the strategy from the Control Center instead of from a chart. This would depend on the complexity of the strategy and the other resources the strategy needs use to calculate and process logic.

Running a strategy in the Control Center instead of a chart would reduce the number of resources used since the strategy would not need to render drawing objects on the chart. This would cause the amount of lag to reduce since the strategy is using fewer resources to process and calculate logic.

Comment

This question is not specific to any indicator or strategy just a general question.

ALL lag being influenced by drawings of an indicator are absent from a Strategy using indicators with Drawings when they are loaded in the Control Center.

Is the above a TRUE statement.

Comment

Hello DTSSTS,

Thanks for your note.

Generally, the number of resources being used by drawing objects would be reduced if you run a strategy from the Control Center.

We cannot say for sure if ALL lag will be absent from the drawing objects. This would depend on the complexity of your strategy and how those drawing objects are used in the script.

For example, if the strategy uses drawing objects for calculations, some of those resources would still be used. However, those resources would be reduced since the drawing objects do not have to render on the chart and are only used for calculations.

Last edited by NinjaTrader_BrandonH; 03-03-2022, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by port119, Today, 02:43 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post port119
                      by port119

Started by Philippe56140, Today, 02:35 PM
                      0 responses