hopefully this is a better place for my suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hopefully this is a better place for my suggestion

hello all. lets start with. i am not a programmer. i am doing quite well trading the ES as alot has finally fallen into place for me. i have a loss limit of $200 per day and a profit limit of $400 per day. i reach my profit limit way more times than i touch my loss limit. but. my plan is to then stop, either way. but i cant.....i always throw that extra trade on, thinking i can just top up my winnings or get back some of my losses. obviously, that never works out. and before you know it i am many hundreds in the hole. once in a while it will work but mostly it doesnt. so turning a perfect day into a disaster. i am desperate to try and deal with this but with it being an emotional thing i feel the only way to get it sorted is through some form of NLP or hypnosis which is dedicated to traders. going through some free indicators just now. and contemplating a response i got off a friend today, when i asked him for help with my issue. he says there are plenty of ways. one being to have the computer lock at a certain time. thinking about it now. its the perfect solution. if somebody, a programmer, believes there is some substance to what im saying. i suggest this. could someone programme and indicator which, when i turn NT8 off, it is locked closed untill the following day. you see. i can turn it off immediately after i hit my limit. and if this was possible then once its off its off till tyhe nexta day. its job done. but i mull around. i even leave and come back to try again. but obviously, if its locked shut, then thats it. i hope this might be possible and someone can do something. i dont mind paying for something like this as it can only be beneficial in the long run......respectfully anticipating some feedback. thanks.....

Hello Alesiosc,

It's possible to make a script that you click buttons on to place orders. However, NinjaTrader itself does not have controls that would stop placing orders instead of the user having control.

Are you wanting to code this yourself in C# or is this something you want a member of the NinjaTrader Ecosystem to contract to you?
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

hello. thanks for your response. i have no coding skills, so no. i do think though, that NT8 should offer something like this to help traders with their psychological flaws. as we all have them...thanks.....whilst im her. could i ask, if i have a position with 2 contracts and a stop loss. is it possible for me to close 1 contract when in profit and simultaneously break even, manually. like a one click option. thanks

Comment

Hello Alesiosc,

NinjaTrader would not want to interfere with a user trying to place orders in any way.

I will have our NinjaTrader Ecosystem team follow up with you with a list of affiliate consultants who would be happy to create this script or any others at your request or provide one on one educational services.

This thread will also remain open for any community members that may know of an existing 3rd party product that would impose user order submissions.

Atm Strategy Stop Strategy templates can be used to move a stop loss after a number of ticks on a second target. The first target would exit with a profit target set to the same price.

Below is a link to the help guide.

Comment

Hello,

This is Thomas from the NinjaTrader Ecosystem responding on behalf of my colleague Chelsea.

You can search our extensive library of NinjaScript consultants through the link below. Simply enter a consultant name or search by using our filter categories. Once you have identified your consultants of choice, please visit each consultant's site for more information or contact them directly to learn more!

https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/sea...mming-services

Educators - https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/sea...ures=education
          You can locate the contact information for the consultants on their direct websites for any additional questions you may have. Since these consultants are third party services for NinjaTrader all pricing and support information will need to be obtained through the consultant.

This NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The companies and services listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Please let me know if you have any questions, concerns or if I can provide any further assistance by responding to this thread at your convenience.
          Thomas C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
            Hello Alesiosc,

Atm Strategy Stop Strategy templates can be used to move a stop loss after a number of ticks on a second target. The first target would exit with a profit target set to the same price.

Below is a link to the help guide.
            https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...p_strategy.htm
            hi Chelsea. thanks. just on the above. i am aware of the ATM strategies. what i mean is. i enter a trade like described above. an ATM would be handy if i knew beforehand, where i wanted to take partial profit and break even. i want to know how to do this manually. for instance if i can clearly see the market want to move a little more. i want to be able to give it that space before executing a partial take profit and break even. so putting the execution of the break even and partial take profit, in my hands rather than an ATM....thanks

Comment

Hello Alesiosc,

That would not be a feature of Atm Strategy templates. The stops and targets are based from the entry order average entry price. The first target would already have the number of ticks set, the stop strategy would already have the trigger number of ticks set.

Comment

Hello Alesiosc,

That would not be a feature of Atm Strategy templates.
                of course Chelsea. i understand that. what i am asking is, is it possible to do what i wish, manually. obviously, without using an ATM but doing it manually. in the moment of the trade. thanks

Comment

Hello Alesiosc,

You can manually change the price of an order if this is what you are asking.

Comment

Hello Alesiosc,

You can manually change the price of an order if this is what you are asking.
                    https://youtu.be/YBs4cRXzE7c?t=1577
                    i am really gratefull for your help, but this is getting me frustrated. i have a button option to break even in the basic entry window. as there is no syncing with the basic entry window and chart trader so i can see my trades on the charts, i have to use the super dom to see the trades, stop, entry, take profits. so now i have to have 2 separate windows open just so i can place a break even at will. and there is still no option to close 1 of 2 contracts mid trade, at a price of my choice. these are such simple platform features, im at a loss why there isnt something simple like 2 buttons placed on the chart trader. one to break even at a traders price of choosing and another to be able to take a portion of a trade at his/hers discretion. there is so much space at the bottom/middle of the chart trader to do it too. these are simple things. surely we dont have to have two separate windows open just to access these feature. with one of them not even there.....thanks

Comment

"NinjaTrader would not want to interfere with a user trying to place orders in any way."

i am also not exactly sure what you mean by this. it would only be helping a trader be more independant. NT8 wouldnt be interfering with anything. thanks

Comment

Hello Alesiosc,

Chart Trader will show all working orders for the selected account and instrument. This means if you place an order with the Basic Entry window or the SuperDOM, those orders will also appear in Chart Trader and the other trade window (and vice versa).

Below is a link to the help guide and video on Chart Trader.

You can manually move an exit order to the entry price with Chart Trader.

Comment

Hello Alesiosc,

This would mean if you click a button to submit an order, NinjaTrader is not going to suppress or modify the order. A custom script could be made if you want to change the functionality.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by geddyisodin, 04-25-2024, 05:20 AM
                          8 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                          Started by jxs_xrj, 01-12-2020, 09:49 AM
                          4 responses
                          1 like