jRangeMarker8 customization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jRangeMarker8 customization

Hi Paul, I just installed your RangeMarker8, great marker indeed!
    I wanted to ask you how to modify the code for:

1) Increase the price font size to the current bar limit.
    2) Eliminate the indication of the remaining ticks.
    3) Indicate the price of the START of the next bar instead of its upper and lower limit.

Thank you!

Hello frafabry,

Thanks for your post.

Just to be clear, I did not design or create the indicator, I only converted it from NinjaTrader7 when NinjaTrader8 was first released. the indicator was created by forum member j0hnth0m in 2010.

You would need to open the code in the new>Ninjascript editor and through that make the changes you wish. I would suggest the first step be to make a copy of the indicator and rename it as something else so you can always refer back to the original. To create a copy, right mouse click in the code and select "Save as.." and provide a new name for the indicator.

The coding to change the font size is pretty clear, just look for the variable fontHeight.

The coding for the remaining ticks is also pretty clear, just look for the "C:" and "R:"

In the NinjaTrader7 download the original author writes:

"This indicator is for range charts only. It will draw a box around the current candle that indicates how much further a bar would have to move before the range is exhausted and new bar begins to paint.

This box is dynamic in that it adjusts in height based on the current size of the candle. In this way it is always indicating the maximum extent possible for the current candle.

It will also highlight this box using colors depending on how close the candle size is the maximum. Optionally, this indicator can also print the high and low price of the box's range just above and below the box itself.

I'll admit this may be more eye candy than anything else but I thought I'd offer it up anyway."

Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by lightsun47, Today, 03:51 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post lightsun47  
    Started by 00nevest, Today, 02:27 PM
    1 response
    0 likes