Using "OnPriceChance" on a Indicator, that is default at "OnBarClose"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using "OnPriceChance" on a Indicator, that is default at "OnBarClose"

Hi, I was wondering how to use an Indicator on - "OnPriceChange" Mode, when its default setting is "OnBarClose" in a Strategy? Is it necessary to change the parameter Code of the indicator in the Scrip Editor First? When i try to select the strategy setup with "OnPriceChange" , in the strategy builder, the Strategy is still only working, on the "OnBarClosed" Mode. I'm trying to program for when the Range of a Bar gets to a certain level, then enter market immediately when it does. waiting for Bar Close, is to late for the Strategy to function. , i'm kinda' new to programming in strategy builder, but I can slowly get things done. but I don't see much in the NinjaTrader help files about this topic.

Best Regards, And Thanks for any replies !

I can get the same Alert to work fine on the Alert ⚠ screen. but not on the Strategy builder for some reason. ?
    example i.e.

Range(MYM 03-22 (Unirenko T1R50O1)) --- Greater --- Numeric value '20' - Programmed for Chart Alert Screen.
    Last edited by Genesis2021; 01-03-2022, 01:58 PM. Reason: was edited for clarity, of my question

Hello Genesis2021,

Thanks for your post.

Any indicator that you use in the Strategy will run with exactly the same Calculate setting as the strategy is running regardless of how the indicator was created. If your strategy runs with Calculate.OnEachTick or Calculate.OnPricePriceChange then with Real-time data the strategy can place intra bar orders and indicators will run on the same calculate setting.

NOTE: If you are looking at historical data you need to understand that the strategy can only run as if you had set it to Calculate.OnBarClose because historical bars only have the Open, High, Low, and Close data points of a bar and do not contain all of the ticks that made up the bar when it was real-time.

Calculate.OnPriceChange and Calculate.OnEachTick are only functional on Real-time (live) data or Playback with Market Replay data.

When you apply a strategy that is set to Calculate.OnPriceChange or Calculate.OnEachTick to a chart please note that for the historical data on the chart, the strategy will only perform as Calculate.OnBarClose. Once the strategy has processed the historical data, it will begin using Calculate.OnEachTick or Calculate.OnPriceChange on the live data.

Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Paul
      This was very helpful information, with my understanding of all those different 'Modes' you just explained.
      Thank You for your time to make a reply so quickly. I will double check everything again now, on my Strategies. I must have a mathematical error somewhere to fine.
      NinjaTrader 8, In my opinion is far the best Platform out there for trading Futures or Stocks. the other platforms out there don't even come close to the functionality of NT8 !

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by futtrader, 04-21-2024, 01:50 AM
      6 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post futtrader  
      Started by sgordet, Today, 11:48 AM
      0 responses
      1 view
      0 likes