ZigZag Trend by Spyros Raftopoulos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZigZag Trend by Spyros Raftopoulos

I would like to know if anyone knows the code (for Ninjatrader8) of the ZigZag Trend indicator, created by Spyros Raftopoulos,and published in Technical Analysis of Stocks and Commodities magazine at November 2003 (volume 21:11) ?

This indicator stabilizes and validates the last leg of the original Zigzag, allowing its use for trading, despite some delay in confirmation.

Hello Espartano2,

Thanks for your post.

I do not see this indicator on our User App Share, and it looks like it is not a conversion we have done for Stocks and Commodities magazine. (The earliest conversion we have on file would be August 2007.)

We will leave the thread open for any community feedback on this indicator.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jim,
      Thanks for your comment.
      I use ZZT to decide if the trend is up (= 1) or down (= -1).
      The chart I have attached shows that the common Zigzag changes a lot during the trend and that moving averages cross a lot or lag too much.
      The last leg of the common Zigzag (green) has already turned down while the ZZT remains high.Dear DSSt,
      Thanks for your comment.
      I use ZZT to decide if the trend is up (= 1) or down (= -1).
      The chart I have attached shows that the common Zigzag changes a lot during the trend and that moving averages cross a lot or lag too much.
      The last leg of the common Zigzag (green) has already turned down while the ZZT remains high.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello Espartano2,

Another option if others do not have a conversion to share would be to consult the services of a NinaScript Consultant to have the script written for you.

If that is something that interests you, please let us know, and we can have a colleague share more information.

If you would like to write the indicator yourself, and have questions on NinjaScript development, please feel free to direct those questions to our NinjaTrader 8 Indicator Development forums.

JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by rhyminkevin, Today, 04:58 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Anfedport  
        Started by iceman2018, Today, 05:07 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes