X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

horizontal line indicating the price

Hi everyone!
    I would like to have a horizontal line indicating the price on my graph
    Is there an indicator for that or a quick way to do it??
    Thanks so much in advance!!

Hello Andres Cerda,

Thanks for your post.

I have moved the post to the NinjaScript File Sharing forum as the questions sounds like you are looking for an indicator rather than a question pertaining to NinjaScript development.

Please see the AddOns in our User App Share below.

This is an expansion of the the NinjaTrader Lines Drawing Tool(s) that adds text boxes to each line that will show prices associated with the endpoint or where the line crosses the price scale. Vertical lines will show time stamps. Your own messages can be added to each text box. New settings can be set […]

This indicator will read the horizontal lines that you have applied to a chart and display the price at which that line sits.

The links above are publicly available.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

We look forward to assisting.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by Andres Cerda View Post
      Hi everyone!
      I would like to have a horizontal line indicating the price on my graph
      Is there an indicator for that or a quick way to do it??
      Thanks so much in advance!!

Hi Andres,

Not sure what you are really looking for..

But if you have not yet checked it out, add to a chart the "Priceline" Indicator included in the default installation of NT8.

Hi Jim,

Just an FYI

I would have posted a link to the Priceline indicator in the NT8 guide but I could not get the Guide's search engine to return any results for the search terms "Priceline" or "Price Line" or anything else close to it.

HedgePlay

Comment

Thank you so much for your quick reply!!

Best regards,

Comment

Hello HedgePlay,

Thanks for providing the other tip.

PriceLine simply adds horizontal lines for bid, ask and last through OnMarketData. Our Help Guide articles for indicators are intended for NinjaScript usage. Since the value of this indicator is mostly for visual representation, and the values can be easily accessed through OnMarketData, there is not much benefit to documenting how the indicator can be accessed via NinjaScript.

If others would like us to add NinjaScript documentation for PriceLine syntax, please let us know.

JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jim View Post
            Hello HedgePlay,

Our Help Guide articles for indicators are intended for NinjaScript usage. Since the value of this indicator is mostly for visual representation, and the values can be easily accessed through OnMarketData, there is not much benefit to documenting how the indicator can be accessed via NinjaScript.
            Hi Jim,

Thanks for the reply and the clarification.

I do not disagree with anything you wrote and I would not encourage clutter in the guide by adding a number of low value pages for low complexity indicators.

It just seemed like a "missing", an guide updating oversight that was a little odd given how strong the guide is overall.

My observation is as a low priority product learning and usability enhancement to maybe add a single page to the guide that lists in a table the name and one line description of the included indicators that are not in need of a dedicated page.

I personally don't need any follow-up on the topic.

Have a great day!

HedgePlay

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Jimmyk, 01-26-2018, 05:19 AM
            8 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post emuns
            by emuns

Started by giulyko00, 04-24-2024, 12:03 PM