Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How takes care of MIT, Stop-Market commands? My PC running NT or my Broker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How takes care of MIT, Stop-Market commands? My PC running NT or my Broker?

Hello.

I would like to know what happens with MIT, Stop-Market commands? I mean lets say NT8 bought 100 shares, and immediately placed MIT + Stop-Market orders to protect my trade.
    Now lets say that 10 Sec later (for the example0 my PC had crashed or Internet connection was lost.

If the commends were transmitted to the Broker then i am covered.
    However if NT8 manage it live without sending proper command immediately to the broker then i am screwed !!.

Hello ezrakoper,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader forums.

A Market-If-Touched order is a simulated order and is not submitted to the broker until touched, similar to a simulated stop.

A Stop-Market order if working on the brokerage servers would remain working.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello.

Regarding the answer on MIT - My Broker is Interactive Brokers (IB). On their trading platform named TWS i can send an order named STP, or STP-Limit.
      The STP command is exactly the same as MIT. It sits on the broker server and executed only when the the stock/future reach the price (lets say long higher then the price right now), and STM-LIMIT which is similar to STP however the trigger is the higher price and then the order is placed by the broker with a limit.

So my question is - why NT8 cant send to the the broker (IB in my case) the order STP whenever NT8 is using MIT command?

Comment

Hello.

After reading the reply to Yaron on the 2nd URL, it mentioned "Native OCO" which is send to the stock exchange. Meaning that if for example NT8 will send MIT command followed by native OCO stop profit and limit, then assuming connection was OK from the time MIT was send and native OCO was send then at least i am protected from potential loss or even better potential profit.

Assuming i am correct, then is there a C# code example on how to send native OCO order to be followed by MIT order

Comment

Hello ezrakoper,

Unfortunately, NinjaTrader does not submit simulated stop orders (STP) or Market-If-Touched orders to the exchange until they are touched.

Likely, TWS is sending orders that work on the brokers local servers and not on the exchange servers, that will submit to the exchange when touched. For this kind of specialty with Interactive Brokers it is likely you will need to use this software.

Native or Local OCO is selected in the connection adapter settings where this is allowed for the connection type.

With Interactive Brokers, OCO will be Native and this cannot be changed to Local for this connection type.

OCO can be setup using the unmanaged approach with OCOIDs. Below is a link to an example.
          Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by ageeholdings, Today, 07:43 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post ageeholdings  
          Started by pibrew, Today, 06:37 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes