unhandled exception end of central directory record could not be found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unhandled exception end of central directory record could not be found

About half the files give me this error when I try to import them. It does not seem to be a date issue, as newer files do it to. Any suggestions? thanks.

A few that don't work.
    The On-Balance Volume Modified indicator, as discussed in the April 2020 S&C article titled “On-Balance Volume Modified (OBVM)” by Vitali Apirine. Update June 10th, 2020: Plots now accessible through the Strategy Builder.

07/25/2018 – exported using NT 8.0.14.2 (64-bit) – bug fix: NT8 crashes during the process of resetting chart background color back to null (when local time reaches the "End Time"). 05/07/2018 – exported using NT 8.0.13.1 (64-bit) – If you had a previous version installed, please remove it from the "DocumentsNinjaTrader 8binCustomIndicatorsdownloaded" folder as this […]

I am having no difficulty downloading and importing these add-ons. This message typically indicates a corrupt zip file. Does the symptom occur if you download the files again? If so, try using the files attached to this message.
    Attached Files

Comment

Patrick,

All of your attachments worked! I'm pretty good with computers so tell me how this sounds:
      On the file repository the Download link just waits forever so I have been doing right click save link as. I imagine now that you have a script to prevent people from linking directly to your files so even though my browser saves a zip file, its likely saving a web page or something.
      Obvious solution: how can I click the download button. I checked the forum yesterday and saw page after page of peopel saying that they had the endless "waiting" circle also. Is there a common solution or is there a known global issue?

Also wanted to say thanks to everyone at Ninjatrader. I came over from Thinkorswim a week ago and I do tons of technical analysis and custom programming so you can imagine how moving to a new platform had be very nervous. You guys have been so great in helping me figure things out and not just telling me to read the manual. A month transition took me days. I ended up buying the lifetime Ninjatrader which was a big decision and I am so glad I made it - so thank you.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words! We're always happy to help.

You're absolutely correct as to why the zip file you downloaded failed - it's not truly the zip file when taking those steps to save.

The 'waits forever' symptom seems sporadic and is not universal. It's been very difficult to diagnose since no one on our end can reproduce this symptom. Here are our current suggestions to get past this:
        • What version of Windows are you using?
        • What web browser are you using?
        • Does this symptom persist if your clear your browser's cache?
        • What about if you use a different web browser?
        • What about after you turn off your PC, turn off your modem/router for at least 30 seconds, then restart your PC?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by StockTrader88, 03-06-2021, 08:58 AM
        44 responses
        3 likes
        Last Post jhudas88  
        Started by rbeckmann05, Today, 06:48 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post rbeckmann05